Windows 10: 2 strange apps in Settings->Apps & features

Discus and support 2 strange apps in Settings->Apps & features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 on my recently purchased surface pro (2017). I noticed a couple of weird apps in the list and there is no option to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wenvy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Wenvy Win User

2 strange apps in Settings->Apps & features

I am running windows 10 on my recently purchased surface pro (2017). I noticed a couple of weird apps in the list and there is no option to uninstall them.

One is - ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxoutlookintl/AppManifest_OutlookDesktop_DisplayName

(which i believe is the mail app.)

And the other is - ms-resource://IDS_MANIFEST_VIDEO_APP_NAME

(Which i believe is the films and tv app)

I have already tried going to advanced options, there is no option to repair, and I've tried resetting the app. Going to the apps, they actually work and the title shows the correct names, but these variable(?) names show up first for a split second. I'm assuming this is not a big deal and not a virus or any other issue. I think a windows update while installing ms office seems to have caused this. Had problems with Office not installing past 90% for a while also.

This is all on a practically brand new pc.

screenshot:

2 strange apps in Settings->Apps & features 7d9a890c-ffde-4f7d-8baa-198512091b73?upload=true.jpg

:)

Wenvy, Nov 11, 2018
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 11, 2018
  4. BoutTime Win User

Can I use msi Gaming App OC settings in Afterburner then uninstall Gaming App?

Thanks for your reply ED_1.

My queries originated perhaps from inaccurate posts on other forums. They stated that AB only works with the gaming App installed which seems strange. They also state that the clocks are then locked and the GPU does not ramp up and down with the demand, Using either the Gaming App or AB. This again seems strange and in contrary to what I've seen when using both . I'm sure the Gaming App only applies the the higher than stock clock values when the game or program requires it.

In truth I'd rather just set the OC in the gaming App and forget about it. But I can't becuase the OC does not stick.

BoutTime, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 strange apps in Settings->Apps & features - Similar Threads - strange apps Settings

2. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  3. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  4. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  5. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  6. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cannot see Installing Apps in Apps & Features in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot see Installing Apps in Apps & Features in Settings: I'm trying to download non-Microsoft apps from the web but it wont allow me so I searched online how to fix it. And i can change it by going into 'Apps & Features' then 'Installing Apps' and change 'Allow apps from store'; and I want to change it to 'warn me' instead, but I...
  8. is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?

is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?: i want to make an app i have invisible in the apps/features settings is there any way i can do this, or rename the app, or do anything to hide it or what the app is?...
  9. Strange Characters showing under Reset in Settings > Apps & features > Advanced Options for...

Strange Characters showing under Reset in Settings > Apps & features > Advanced Options for...: I have just installed the Windows 10 1903 Cumulative Update (KB4515384) and when I looked under Advanced Options for any of the Apps that I have downloaded from the Windows Store, the text under the option to Restore the App is in funny letters, however, before installing the...
  10. Strange App

Strange App: Anyone know what this App is (red arrow)? It's on my Administrator's Start Menu, but not my Standard's Start Menu. And I cannot get rid of it! 101995