Windows 10: 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

Discus and support 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have brought HP pavilion power 15 laptop. My msi DS502 headset is not detected by the 2 usb ports while it works perfectly fine in the 3rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NavedIshtiaq, Jan 21, 2019.

1. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

Hello,

I have brought HP pavilion power 15 laptop. My msi DS502 headset is not detected by the 2 usb ports while it works perfectly fine in the 3rd one. Moreover, it receives the power from these 2 ports as the LED on the headset turns on when i plug it in these 2 ports. My External HDD works in all three ports. What could be the reason for it to not work and how can i solve the issue?

:)

NavedIshtiaq, Jan 21, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 21, 2019
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 21, 2019
  4. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

USB headset not detected

Hi Mike,

A couple of questions:

• Do other USB devices work on the same port? (Trying to determine if this is an issue with the device or your USB Controller)
    • Does your PC have multiple USB ports? If so does your headset work on any of those other ports?
    • What PC are you using?
    • Have you tried the headset again on another system? Either Windows 10 or a previous version? Does it work there?
    Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea [MSFT], Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does

1. 2 USB ports do not detect my USB headset while one USB port does - Similar Threads - USB ports detect

2. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  3. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  4. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  6. usb port not detecting mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not detecting mouse: windows stopped detecting my mouse . When i connect my mouse then the light glows in the mouse and stops after some time ,first it stopped detecting on one port then after some days other ports also stopped working ,while everything else works fine on the usb port , my mouse...
  7. USB wifi not detected in some USB ports

USB wifi not detected in some USB ports: Hello, I have a wireless USB adapter that works perfect in the front USB ports of my PC. But it doesn't work in the back USB ports. The same wireless adapter in the same machine with other operating sistem Linux, the adapter works perfect in both ports. How could I get it...
  8. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  9. Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro, And I have a HyperX Cloud Flight Headset, it is wireless with his own usb dongle, I also have a Headset stand with soud card and usb extensions Corsair ST100, I was using my Headset in the usb port from the top, and it was working well....
  10. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Not detected by USB port - Garmin: Hello I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore. I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor...