Windows 10: 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

Discus and support 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mustachio, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac.

But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac?

Can't figure this one out.

Thanks,

:)

Mustachio, Apr 6, 2019

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Lost User Account

After upgrading from Window 7 to 10, I lost my wife's User Account got messed up, using my email address and login password, with no ability to change them. I received the reply below, but still have problems:

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-

4. Paste all those copied files here.

I tried to create a new user account as in Step 1, but when I put in the command as written above, I kept getting messages about correct syntax for the command. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I
    then tried to set up a new account using the Settings/Accounts/"Add someone else to this PC" menu. I set up the account, but no folder was created under C:\Users\. I tried adding a folder using the new accounts user name and transferred the files from the
    other account. When I tried to log in, I received the same error message. I am at a loss as to how to get back the user account with the correct username, email address, and password. HELP!!!

LouisHafken, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

user accounts

Thank you for your response. If you've created a new profile and you have admin privileges, try these steps on how to transfer files from one user to another and see if it will work for you:

• Open File Explorer and go to C:\Users.
    • Look for the account you want to copy the files from.
    • Select the folders/files you want to copy, right-click on it and select Copy.
    • Go to the new user account folder and paste the folders/files you copied.
    • Repeat the steps if needed.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users - Similar Threads - User accounts has

2. Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  3. Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  4. Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  7. Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account: I already deleted a user account, I chose the option to delete files along with the user but for some reason the folder stays and the appdata is still there taking up 31gb of space. I'm trying to delete it but it is not working at all. I tried taking ownership, disable read...
  8. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  9. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  10. 2 users on HP computer - the text size on 1 user has gone small

in Windows 10 Support
    2 users on HP computer - the text size on 1 user has gone small: The text size has suddenly gone small, since yesterday, on one of the users' site, but the other is perfectly O.K. I have tried correcting it through the 'display', but this hasn't solved it. Any suggestions welcomed! 75884