Windows 10: 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

Discus and support 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My PC is used for everything. Games, videos etc. Games, not FPS, just lego games, Trine, Magicka. The GPU is more than capable. My wife... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mystvearn Win User

2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

Hi,

My PC is used for everything. Games, videos etc. Games, not FPS, just lego games, Trine, Magicka. The GPU is more than capable.
    My wife currently uses her laptop for everything else. However all games are played with me on my PC. Her laptop is a Toshiba 17" which I have upgraded to a 256 GB SSD. The pc and laptop are side by side on the same 5 foot table.

I saw this video, and I want to recreate a multiseat PC for me and my wife. I think it is better than upgrading her laptop. Also, less items on the same table.
    2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower - Virtualized Gaming Build Log - YouTube

Is it possible to make a PC for her as well using the components below. I don't want to go make anything bigger. If I need to spend more than $500, I might as well make a Intel NUC computer for her if I have to spend that amount.

My current specs are:
    Intel i5-4570
    Asus Z87i-Pro
    G.Skill Value 8x2 GB
    MSI Lightning 770 GTX
    960 GB SSD
    Corsair TX650M
    Bitfenix Prodigy
    Dell U2713HM

Thanks

:)

mystvearn, Dec 29, 2015
  2. gusy---01 Win User

2 Phones, 1 PC 2 Users

I have a vista PC. I have 2 phones (mine and wife) and we have our own accounts on the PC. My phone is set up to automatically sync with the PC every 15 minutes. When my wife is loged in and tries to sync she auomatically picks up my phone. She can change
    the phone and everything is O.K. We then switched user to me and back again to her and then tried to sync her phone again but it had reverted back looking at mine although the PC suite said both were conected to the PC.I / we want it set up that we can both
    automatically sync without picking up the wrong phone etc.

PC Suite is version 6.83.14.1

Any Ideas how to do this.

gusy---01, Dec 29, 2015
  3. gusy---01 Win User
    2 Phones, 1 PC 2 Users

Anyone got any ideas??

gusy---01, Dec 29, 2015
  4. 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

I can't imagine that working very well at all, unless you went VERY high end on the specs.

That concept has been around for a while, but I have yet to see it actually working in reality.

DeaconFrost, Dec 29, 2015
  5. *Ditto

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

1. 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup - Similar Threads - users multiseat setup

2. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  3. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  4. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. 1 PC 2× Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 PC 2× Windows?: Hey, I have a new PC on which I have reinstalled everything (Windows, new key). Now I want to drag some data from my old Hdd to my new one. My question is what happens when I connect the old harddisk, will there be any problems because Windows is installed on both? 1 PC...
  7. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  8. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  9. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiseat pc setup

2. windows 10 multiseat