Windows 10: 2 Users Crashes Explorer

Discus and support 2 Users Crashes Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently running Windows 10 20H2 x64 Professional. Ok get this. I have 2 accounts on my computer. When one of us is logged in, everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JukEboXAuDiO, Dec 1, 2020.

1. 2 Users Crashes Explorer

Currently running Windows 10 20H2 x64 Professional.

Ok get this. I have 2 accounts on my computer. When one of us is logged in, everything works great. When the other logs in the Start bar crashes over and over and you can't click on anything. The Taskbar just gets the spinning circle.

Event Viewer shows this:

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.610 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 7f0c

Start Time: 01d6c85861f9fec6

Termination Time: 0

Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Report Id: 3c91860e-ae69-4290-8b5c-144d1363f60a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

With that account logged in having the issue with the taskbar, if you log out and log back in with the original first user to login their taskbar and start menu works fine.

WTF!? I can't tell if it is software or a bug in windows because I have disabled literally everything. Any ideas?

Faults:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: AppHangB1

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: explorer.exe

P2: 10.0.19041.610

P3: ab30c679

P4: a874

P5: 33554432

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_explorer.exe_381355e94f959bebfeab2c5fecedf5fb345_c618b803_5904ea39-1696-4e1a-8dae-e501f62bfb33

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 03ff2d97-8fa0-474d-8bd1-aea3033c0a14

Report Status: 4

Hashed bucket:

Cab Guid: 0

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:

P5: 134217728

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9178.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_explorer.exe_e985fbb761d2277dc38236146503ebac127a930_c618b803_1baa84b1-8a0c-40d1-9ca9-e0fd4c1f1943

Analysis symbol:

Report Id: 3c91860e-ae69-4290-8b5c-144d1363f60a

Report Status: 100

Hashed bucket:

Fault bucket 1191325254098039438, type 5

Problem signature:

P5: 33554432

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERBE61.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_explorer.exe_381355e94f959bebfeab2c5fecedf5fb345_c618b803_5904ea39-1696-4e1a-8dae-e501f62bfb33

Analysis symbol:

Report Id: 03ff2d97-8fa0-474d-8bd1-aea3033c0a14

Report Status: 268435456

Hashed bucket: a7c078306322f6a3a0887001b677328e

submitted by /u/JukEboXAuDiO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JukEboXAuDiO, Dec 1, 2020

2. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2020
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Bundy Win User

2 Users Crashes Explorer

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

2 Users Crashes Explorer

1. 2 Users Crashes Explorer - Similar Threads - Users Crashes Explorer

2. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  3. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  4. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 explorer crash on one user: Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while...
  5. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 explorer crash on one user: Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer Crashes pt.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer Crashes pt.2: pt.1 -> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-crash/1fbf1ff0-cba4-4af4-a872-56e8a6ef771dHi guys, the same problem like in the first pt. but, today i give you a small experience of this strange bug about Windows Explorer glitch with...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Crashes pt.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Crashes pt.2: pt.1 -> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-crash/1fbf1ff0-cba4-4af4-a872-56e8a6ef771dHi guys, the same problem like in the first pt. but, today i give you a small experience of this strange bug about Windows Explorer glitch with...
  8. 2 users Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 users Windows?: Hey, is a 2 user "local" user enough or do you have to create an administrator account to install programs from the internet? thanks 2 Benutzer Windows?
  9. 2 users on log on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 users on log on: After an update, I got 2 users with the same name on logon, but one I supposed is asp.net (no picture), the other has my picture for account. This user try to connect first, is asking a pass, nothing happens because there is no pass set, after that I connect my normal win...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 build 17134.345 currently unable to operate my computer since this morning! Windows Explorer keeps on crashing every 2 seconds, I killed the process explorer.exe (by opening an elevated command prompt via Task Manager) and ran DISM /Online...