Windows 10: 2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login

Discus and support 2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I start my computer windows displays 2 users but in user accounts there is only 1 user , the administrator account to which i'm now logged in, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by David Mc Geown, Aug 13, 2020.

1. 2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login

When I start my computer windows displays 2 users but in user accounts there is only 1 user , the administrator account to which i'm now logged in, and I never created another user. This appeared after I tried to remove the user and password requirement at login using the netplwiz command. I unchecked the tick in the users window and had to enter my 4 digit pin to confirm it which you can see below.

I'll also post 4 pictures of what comes up when I turn on the pc and then which account I have to choose to sign in normally. For some reason the user that the pc opens with is displayed as 5 characters out of my 16 character email yet also with my name above but with no picture. the one with the picture is my regular administrator account which i have been using fine until this.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

david

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login 479ae4b4-f15d-414f-8c15-187e8bb3dc33?upload=true.jpg

What user account comes up when i turn on the pc

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login 59d7fe71-2060-4780-9954-7e9b0d2da70f?upload=true.jpg

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login f3ea5952-67a6-480e-b774-7c83747d1d1e?upload=true.jpg

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login 4a2a127d-e9d9-4ece-a21a-a2d7efdc6a86?upload=true.jpg

the regular account I have to choose to log in

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login 1bc41917-fb3e-406d-afe6-1d978cf5555c?upload=true.jpg

:)

David Mc Geown, Aug 13, 2020

2. added new users to htpasswd, but cant login with their creds

im just doin some testing with a local webserver. i have one user: hybrid who can login fine and has for a while. But when i added a few users: usa, can with simple passwords using:

ubuntu # htpasswd passwd can

thats works fine. But I cannot login with these users to the web page, it just asks again for a username password.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 13, 2020
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Aug 13, 2020
  4. 2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login

Windows 10 - disable login passwords

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable User account password.

• Are you using Microsoft User account or Local User account to log-in?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

1. Search in the taskbar netplwiz

2. Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
    user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Now, press OK or hit enter.

3. A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
    ok button.

4. Click Ok button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.

If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now, enter the login credential to confirm the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login

1. 2 users displayed at login but only one user occurred when trying to disable password login - Similar Threads - users displayed login

2. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  3. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements: I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me... I've been trying to remove the password login requirement from my computer for wake up on lan functionality for in-home streaming and such without having to go around from room...
  4. Forgot user login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot user login password: Hello i was away for 3 months and now that i came home i have forgotten my windows 10 login password... i cant remember the answers to my 3 secret questions... i remember 2 answers but its not enough.. in the bios settings i found “admin password” and “user passowrd” i...
  5. PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!: I have come to my end with this version of Windows 10! Never have I hated a Microsoft product! Windows 7 was getting there but was still usable! There is no logic to why everytime you start a program you need to log into Microsoft!!! I've NEVER had to log into my Windows...
  6. Login user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login user: I logged in on a friends computer now my account is on his computer shows me. He wants his acct. to show up and to get rid of "Edge" as a browser. Please gig me a clue please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-user/89556bab-4e7d-4981-9a40-0bb721f8b5d7
  7. Disable Unauthorized User Login

Disable Unauthorized User Login: I recently did contract work for a company that basically hijacked my PC. Although I've deleted them everywhere I can locate them, their logins keep re-appearing. Re-appearing in my work account, on my desktop, and showing in my Microsoft activity as successfully logging in....
  8. Standard User only to Login

Standard User only to Login: I have a laptop (Windows 10) that only offers one user to log in. That user is a standard user so I can not change anything. When I go to the command prompt and run net user I have the following accounts: admin Administrator DefaultAccount defaultuser0 Guest Owner...
  9. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...
  10. What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What is "password" user in user list at login screen?: [img] What is this? How can I remove it from login screen? 13747