Windows 10: 2 Users in the sign in menu but I only have 1 user in the user menu.

Discus and support 2 Users in the sign in menu but I only have 1 user in the user menu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 like couple months ago and it asked me to lock my PC (pin code, password etc.) so I did. Then this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vytkQ, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/vytkQ Win User

2 Users in the sign in menu but I only have 1 user in the user menu.

Hello, I updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 like couple months ago and it asked me to lock my PC (pin code, password etc.) so I did. Then this happened, one day after I added my school's account to my PC I had 2 accounts in the sign in menu after you turn on/restart your computer. They're both we're named the same as my email account and my computers name was "DESKTOP" and one asked the password and the other one asked for the pin code. I deleted my school account and it was still there in the sign in menu the password one not the pin one, but it didn't show in the users section, I only have one account but it shows 2 in the sign in menu. How do I fix this? I don't want to keep logging in when turning on my PC.

submitted by /u/vytkQ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vytkQ, Jun 30, 2020

2. How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. 2 Users in the sign in menu but I only have 1 user in the user menu. - Similar Threads - Users sign menu

2. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  3. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  4. Signing into 2 Windows users, despite signing into 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into 2 Windows users, despite signing into 1: On my PC I have 2 user accounts, Personal & Work. When I choose to sign into 'Work' I put my password in and it logs in as it should. However if i look go through the start menu as if i was going to switch accounts it tells me that 'Personal' is already signed in underneith...
  5. Signing into 2 Windows users, despite signing into 1

Signing into 2 Windows users, despite signing into 1: On my PC I have 2 user accounts, Personal & Work. When I choose to sign into 'Work' I put my password in and it logs in as it should. However if i look go through the start menu as if i was going to switch accounts it tells me that 'Personal' is already signed in underneith...
  6. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  7. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  8. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  9. Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.: Does anyone know if there's a command that can be pasted into a shortcut; That opens the power menu or user menu? I.e where you sign out or lock your computer. The shortcut is meant to be on the desktop. Some screenshots showing what menus I'm referring to. [img]...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...