Windows 10: 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

Discus and support 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quadrition, Feb 9, 2019.

1. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that?

:)

Quadrition, Feb 9, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 9, 2019
  4. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

Hi Baran,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is not possible to display 2 different Desktop screens in 2 monitors. I suggest you to refer to the following article to know more about this feature.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...in-windows-10-the-power-of-windowsmultiplied/

Since you are unable to activate both the monitors at the same time, I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

RavindraKamath1709, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

1. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors - Similar Threads - virtual desktops monitors

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 monitors: I wanna know, I have one monitor connected by de VGA. Can I at en second monitor on the HDMI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-monitors/9b1505d3-3c5c-4ba9-9656-06cfad209abb
  4. Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2

Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2: I had a problem where the icons on my desktop were stuck on monitor 2 and eventually I worked out why and how to solve it. I have two monitors. one being my laptop screen and the other a larger separate screen, both running on different resolutions. I was playing around,...
  5. 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 monitors: How do I change computer display input ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-monitors/cb1c8756-f72e-4592-8482-1f6624fc8a6b
  6. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...
  7. 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 monitors: I use two monitors and I like it. But Windows starts programs on the last used monitor and it is annoying. I want the programs to open up on my main monitor, not on the second monitor. How can I adjust the settings?...
  8. Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

Desktop icons moving to monitor 2: Is there a known solution for this problem? (Icons moved to the 2nd display after some windows update nearly a year ago - still haven't seen any real fix:-(...)...
  9. 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop: I have a 27" monitor i've taught to stand on end. it is now displaying in reverse portrait mode. 1080x1920. I've seen all the various screen splitting programs inside and out of windows 10. None do as I need. I want this single monitor to behave as two separate monitors....
  10. 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitors: Why does anyone need 2 monitors in Windows 10? Can't you split the screen? 49590

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 desktops on 2 monitors

2. 2 virtual desktops on seaprate monitors