Windows 10: 2 W10 PCs on home network

Discus and support 2 W10 PCs on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10 10 ProN 18363.476 Network... Everything worked prior to updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisPbass, Nov 30, 2019.

1. 2 W10 PCs on home network

Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10
    10 ProN 18363.476
    Network...
    Everything worked prior to updating the OS on PC 1
    Cable modem to netgear 7900
    7900 to PC 1
    7900 to netgear Proline to PC 2
    Same workgroup
    both PCs are on a private network with discovery and file sharing on
    both IP addresses are 10.0.0.3 or .5

In explorer there is no network, it only shows the gateway.
    The router itself shows both devices connected and allowed.

I have malwarebytes internet security running as it was installed, IOW no special exclusions or anything.

Any help appreciated.

:)

ChrisPbass, Nov 30, 2019
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 30, 2019
  4. 2 W10 PCs on home network

1 router 2 computers 2 networks glitch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

When you set up a PC, a HomeGroup is created automatically. If a HomeGroup already exists on your home network, you can join it.

You mentioned that both the computes are in different networks. This could be the reason why you are unable to create the homegroup. Therefore, I would suggest you to first try to add both the PC to a single network and try creating the homegroup again.

Refer the steps given below to add a device or PC to a network and check if it helps.

-Plug the PC into a hub, switch, or router and then turn it on. (If your home has Ethernet wiring and you have a jack in the room where the PC is, you can plug the PC into the Ethernet jack instead.)

To make sure you added the PC, follow these steps:

• Sign in to any PC on the network.

• Press Windows key + E to open file explorer and click "network".

• Make sure you see icons for the PC you added and for the other PCs and devices that are part of the network.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

2 W10 PCs on home network

1. 2 W10 PCs on home network - Similar Threads - W10 PCs home

2. 2 networks 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 networks 2 PCs: Hii. I have 2 networks in my work place one is for PCs and the other for Machine , this one for machines has an IP cam connected to it now i need to access this cam from PCs on the first network , you have to know that the second pc for machine is connected to the first...
  3. Setting up Windows 10 Home network LAN between 2 PCs on WiFi

Setting up Windows 10 Home network LAN between 2 PCs on WiFi: I tried once, long ago, to set up a personal network on my home WiFi system so I could share my printer and files between two PCs. I couldn't make it work then. Now I'm finally trying again, but I can't even seem to find anywhere in the Network and Internet screens in...
  4. W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.

W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.: I have a small Workgroup LAN (Ethernet) with one remaining Win 7 Pro PC (I would like to phase out), 2 - Win 10 Pro PCs, and a few Win 10 Home addition PCs. What I have noticed lately is when viewing the Network from the Win 7 Pro PC, ALL of the PCs in the network are...
  5. Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network: Is anyone else experiencing these errors: PC1 1. Windows start button and type to search --don't work. Can't shutdown PC or access applications. 2. Right -click on icons in taskbar does not work, in taskbar last icon click on area with no icon right-click works? 3....
  6. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs: I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 & 8 computers from the W10 one, but the W10 files cannot be accessed by the others, although all PCs show up on the network on...
  7. Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10

Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10: nuc and desktop both are running W10 Home. i have following the instructions setting up in [network & sharing centre] > 'turn on network discovery' + 'turn on file and printer sharing'. Followed the instructions 'give access to' > 'advanced settings' > [sharing] tab >...
  8. Networked laptop not discoverable by 2 desktop PCs on network

Networked laptop not discoverable by 2 desktop PCs on network: All computers set for full network sharing. Laptop has access to internet through network and network printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-laptop-not-discoverable-by-2-desktop-pcs/5f811814-77a9-4028-842d-e8bc6069e86b
  9. Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network

Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network: How can I transfer files from one PC to another using Wi-Fi network? Both PCs are on the same network, yet they do not recognize each other. I am using D-Link wireless router DIR-885L. What shall I do so that I see and use the files from one PC on another PC through the File...
  10. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 network 2 pcs