Windows 10: 2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??

Discus and support 2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The first one. Was used as backup without any problems until recently. It lost its ALLOCATION and after restarting, checking with your tool the data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReinierVerly, Jul 9, 2020.

1. 2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??

The first one.
    Was used as backup without any problems until recently.
    It lost its ALLOCATION and after restarting, checking with your tool the data was still intact,
    The second one
    Was used for data recovery of the fist one and after restarting the same happened.
    What to do ?? I need my data !!!

:)

ReinierVerly, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 9, 2020
  3. WD passport external HD not recognized on windows 10

Hi Team,

I have upgraded my Dell inspiron laptop OS from windows 7 to windows 10. I used to connect my WD external HD to my laptop and it was easily accessible in my computer as if it is laptops internal drive.

But, now when I'm trying to connect, it getting connected but it is not showing in my computer. My OS is 64 bit.

I tried solution of uninstalling and then installing HD but it didn't work.

Please suggest how to resolve this.

Sushil Kulkarni, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Temblor65 Win User

2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??

Cannot see or access external hard drive after installing Windows 10

I could not see one External HD's on Win 10, when I have 2 WD identical external HD's

Maybe this fix will also work with the the OP's issue too?

Right click "This PC" (as administrator) left click "manage", left click "Disc Management" For me, that was it!

after about 15 seconds my 2nd WD HD appeared. If this does not fix it there are extra steps in youtube video I pasted below.

Good luck

Temblor65, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??

1. 2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ?? - Similar Threads - External lost ALLOCATION

2. My Laptop won't read my WD External HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop won't read my WD External HD: Hello I recently purchased a WD external hard drive. I plugged it into my desktop and started copying files, no problem. I moved it over to my laptop and it won't open. An error message shows up saying: Network path not found. I've plugged and unplugged it into different...
  3. win 10 and WD HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win 10 and WD HD: windows 10 decided my WD30EZRX is invalid after a full reinstall of windows. Please Help submitted by /u/Khraagkh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfq0n2/win_10_and_wd_hd/
  4. Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD)

Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD): Hi, Thanks for all the previous help. Super Forum and folks. Found an "old" WD 1 TPB external HD. Bought it about a yr ago. Know nothing about its history, but would like to erase everything on it, and use in my Mac or W10 pc. Mac wont recognize it in the normal...
  5. Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Format Question, Please (W10, WD External HD): Hi, Thanks for all the previous help. Super Forum and folks. Found an "old" WD 1 TPB external HD. Bought it about a yr ago. Know nothing about its history, but would like to erase everything on it, and use in my Mac or W10 pc. Mac wont recognize it in the normal...
  6. Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems accessing my external WD/HD.: I have a Western Digital 1TB external HD. Windows 10 recognizes it, but only allows limited access to my files. Especially media! Then, on occasion, I receive a message denying access at all, or something is wrong with the drive or it plays some of my media and denies...
  7. Install WD solid state external HD on my new laptop?

Install WD solid state external HD on my new laptop?: This is the 4th WD I've bought, and it is the first one that didn't have a disk or other device (or instructions) included for installing on my new windows laptop. Was this an oversight? Do I need to complain to Best Buy for short-changing me? Find another backup device?...
  8. WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...: Ok so the bullet points of my situation: I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug & PlayI I have 6 drives I have been trying to access and have only gained access to 1. A Toshiba, the rest aree WD, all various...
  9. Windows 10 - WD external USB drive

Windows 10 - WD external USB drive: Anybody out there having Windows 10 running and also one or more WD drives visible within Windows. None of my WD drives show up. Only after installing Western Digital's SES driver, two (of 4) show up. When installing Samsung Magician software it got me a warning that it...
  10. WD TV Live - External HD no longer showing in Windows 10 Network

WD TV Live - External HD no longer showing in Windows 10 Network: Hello everyone, I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. There is a WD My Passport external hard drive attached to it via USB. Until last week, I could connect via my windows 10 network to the my passport and transfer files from my laptop directly to the My...