Windows 10: 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing

Discus and support 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP Laptop 15-bs0xx. I have 2 Wifi Adapters. One onboard Realtek Wifi and another external USB Dlink Wifi. Below are screenshots. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datatraveler2012, Sep 15, 2019.

1. 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing

Hi, I have an HP Laptop 15-bs0xx.
    I have 2 Wifi Adapters. One onboard Realtek Wifi and another external USB Dlink Wifi.
    Below are screenshots.
    You can see both wifi connections in drop down.[Wifi and Wifi2] 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 74747c4c-e18d-4a67-b1d1-154934e08494?upload=true.jpg
    When I click on Wifi --> Properties a Window opens which shows me this is Dlink Wifi adaptor screenshot (the first connection which is wifi in image)

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 204e8a77-392f-4268-b1ab-c2c200a1a68c?upload=true.jpg

When I click on Wifi2 --> Properties a Window opens which shows this is Realtek Wifi Adaptor screenshot.

(the second connection named as Wifi2 in right hand side of image)

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 3b9e181e-83f2-413b-8b31-af0cac3dd37f?upload=true.jpg

This gives an impression that Wifi2---Realtek

and Wifi---DLink

But when I view things from Settings-->Network and Internet--->Wifi -->Hardware Properties

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 8adb4bf9-65e0-4a13-a084-086f94325b2b?upload=true.jpg

Then I have a totally different view

Wifi-->Realtek

Wifi2-->DLink

See both screenshots

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 39d3e97f-f9a4-4e03-bb0f-7539b1da0556?upload=true.jpg

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing dea922bd-3b38-4068-8620-354a57f54221?upload=true.jpg

The output of netsh wlan show interfaces is confusing is following

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 4156534c-3b30-4915-bcc5-bdaa0ee15077?upload=true.jpg

So from Output of netsh and System-->Network and Internet-->Hardware Properties

I infer the connection

Wifi-->Realtek

Wifi2->DLink

but when I click on bottorm right hand corner for network profiles view

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing 0062a6c3-8cdb-45aa-895a-82b5a2866f64?upload=true.jpg

Then Wifi2-->Realtek

and Wifi-->Dlink this is very confusing as to when I am using Dlink Wifi adaptor and when I am using Realtek adaptor.

Why are they coming different in different views?

I am on Windows 10.

why are the views coming in different in different applications of Windows 10?
    Why windows is some times telling that
    Wifi-->Dlink and in some other tabs it is telling Wifi-->Realtek similarly it tells Wifi2-->link and Wifi2-->Realtek.
    Why is it coming this way and when I can connect with Dlink USB wifi adaptor and when can I connect with Realtek adaptor.
    All these screenshots were taken with both Wifi adaptors present in system.

:)

datatraveler2012, Sep 15, 2019
  2. pob786 Win User

Wifi adaptor problem

Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable.
    Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas?
    Regards,
    John P.

pob786, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 15, 2019
  4. 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing

wifi adaptor netgear wna1000m -n150-usb micro adaptor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What exactly happens if you connect "wifi adaptor netgear wna1000m -n150-usb micro adaptor" ?

I suggest you to open device manager and check if he sees any yellow exclamation
    when the device is connected.

You can update drivers and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manger.
    • Expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon
      and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    if issue persist, You may go ahead and uninstall the drivers for NetGear wireless adaptor from device manager, and reinstall the drivers.

1. Click start, type device manager in search box.

2. Go to device manager.

3. Click on network adaptor, right click on netgear wireless adaptor, and uninstall.

Please go to the manufacturers website, and download the latest drivers. If no drivers for win 10 install the available drivers in compatibility mode.

1.Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down.

3.Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing

1. 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing - Similar Threads - Wifi adaptors connecting

2. WiFi 2 - PC detects one Wi-Fi adapter as 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi 2 - PC detects one Wi-Fi adapter as 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?: WiFi 2 - PC detects 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?I recently had my power supply fail and after buying a new one and booting up my pc I reset my bios settings which I believe has caused my pc to recognise a new instance of my WiFi adapter. When I view the network...
  3. WiFi 2 - PC detects one Wi-Fi adapter as 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi 2 - PC detects one Wi-Fi adapter as 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?: WiFi 2 - PC detects 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?I recently had my power supply fail and after buying a new one and booting up my pc I reset my bios settings which I believe has caused my pc to recognise a new instance of my WiFi adapter. When I view the network...
  4. WiFi 2 - PC detects one Wi-Fi adapter as 2 Network Adaptors, how do I remove one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I confuse with wifi connection setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I confuse with wifi connection setup: When I am creating wifi settings it ask me public or private I don't know what is that anyone can explain me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-confuse-with-wifi-connection-setup/045f8611-34b1-4547-8ea0-58c4f6b4a33b
  6. Wifi Adaptor

Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  7. WIFI adaptor correpts after opening dota 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI adaptor correpts after opening dota 2: Am using windows 10 for last 3 years and am playing dota 2 in it for same but from last 2 or 3 months when I open dota 2 and wait for 1 - 2 mins the wifi will automatically disconnects and not able to see available wifi networks and wifi adapter itself. I tried "Scan for...
  8. wifi adaptor

wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d
  9. USB WiFi adaptor

USB WiFi adaptor: I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the...
  10. How do connect to the built in WiFi adaptor?

How do connect to the built in WiFi adaptor?: I have always connected to the internet via a external USB WiFi adapter. Now I need to connect to the one that is built in to my mother board. I went to Device Manager and Enabled it, but it isn't discovered. Do I need to do something else. And when I connect to it,...