Windows 10: 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

Discus and support 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1809 Hi, I need Windows tech buddies to answer it: 1. I had a faulty keyboard that keeps on pressing random key, so I disabled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yommo_elle, Apr 2, 2019.

1. 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

Windows 10 Version 1809

Hi, I need Windows tech buddies to answer it:

1. I had a faulty keyboard that keeps on pressing random key, so I disabled it on the previous version using these method:

- device manager, give the keyboard wrong update patch and it worked, disabled it easily.

After this latest update, I can't even disable it using the previous method. The option on Device Manager is gone and

you can't pick that wrong update patch anymore. I've tried the second method; using Group Policy Editor. enabled the 'Prevent installation of devices
    not descibed by other policy settings', uninstalled the keyboard, restarted and it auto-install again. Are there any methods ? Because the latest update

messed with my settings and now the keyboard is back on randomly with random auto key pressing.

2. Can't access the brightness anymore via the battery icon on the taskbar; need to access Windows Mobility Center to adjust it. I work in a room with

wide window on its side, so I need to adjust it manually according to the day-night time. Are there anyways to put it back on the battery icon?

Thanks in advance, I really need your help.

To Microsoft: please, why you messed the updates??

:)

yommo_elle, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 2, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had

1. 2 Windows 10 latest Update problems I had - Similar Threads - latest Update problems

2. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  3. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  4. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Anybody had that problem with Traktor 2 in Window 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody had that problem with Traktor 2 in Window 10?: [ATTACH] I bought this desktop computer with Windows 10 and in Traktor Pro 2 i've got those weird spike of CPU which make the sound crack for a second of two. I did all the updates and firmware I could and still the same thing happen. I also did the updates on windows,...
  6. Latest windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest windows 10 update problems: Hello, I've updated windows last night to it latest version on my desktop. I've found some issues, such as: Programs won't load, can't delete my optional updates, almost nothing will open. I've searched up the problem on my laptop. And it seems like a lot of people are having...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Windows 10 update has problems (2/4/2020): According to Kim Komando the latest Windows 10 Update ( KB4532695) is causing problems on a number of PCs. Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update is full of problems; Here's how to fix it Has anyone had a problem? Does anyone know what Microsoft is admitting and if they are...
  8. Latest Windows 10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 Update Problems: My windows 10 updated this week of Jan 7 2019 and now my snipping tool does not work. When I open snipping tool and click the cursor to snip an image, the whole screen goes gray and I can't snip anything. It was working fine before the update....
  9. latest windows 10 update (October 2) problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    latest windows 10 update (October 2) problems: Ever since the latest update I haven't been able to open Settings at all, and when I try to open Control Panel not all options are there. I cannot see my windows version or any update info. Help!...
  10. Windows 10 latest update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update problem: Hello guys I have a problem with the windows 10 latest update , my pc keeps on rebooting non stop and everytime it showa this message " the installation of the update is impossible , cancelling the modification " then it install the update again thwn cancel the modification...