Windows 10: 2 Windows folders in C:\

Discus and support 2 Windows folders in C:\ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help! There are 2 Windows folders created with the same time, One have space the other doesn't, If I go to the other Windows folder, It said the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JingPu612, Apr 19, 2021.

1. JingPu612 Win User

2 Windows folders in C:\

Help! There are 2 Windows folders created with the same time, One have space the other doesn't, If I go to the other Windows folder, It said the files cannot open because it couldn't find the location, I could not create a folder, If I press delete, I could but it said a file in it is using, I'm very confused, I reinstalled Windows that time, My computer is clean. My computer updated twice. Does this cause by an update issue?

:)

JingPu612, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink 2 Windows folders in C:\ ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Apr 19, 2021
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    2 Windows folders in C:\ 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    2 Windows folders in C:\ 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. 2 Windows folders in C:\ - Similar Threads - folders

2. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  3. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  4. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  6. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  7. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  8. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  9. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  10. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...