Windows 10: 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation

Discus and support 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HII have a machine with multiple SSD drives.I would like to keep an upated version of Windows running on my main M.2 SSD drive as my "Home" OS I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PietiePietPeet, Jun 20, 2021.

1. 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation

HII have a machine with multiple SSD drives.I would like to keep an upated version of Windows running on my main M.2 SSD drive as my "Home" OS I have another Sata SSD that i would like to use as my "WORK" OS. I want to find out if it is possible to activate 2 different versions of Windows on the same PC.The reason for this is that I am a sound engineer, and software compatibility is an issue with recent Updates. I need to have version 1909 of Windows installed on my "WORK" boot drive to be compatible with the version of Pro Tools audio editing software that i am licensed for. Avid the owner

:)

PietiePietPeet, Jun 20, 2021

2. Windows Vista Activation

I have 4 sytems in my home running vista(1 ult.-3 prem).The ultimate & 1 premium took SP1
    wthout a hitch.1 premium required re-activation?,The other premium did not list SP1 in windows up-date,So i manually installed it without any re-activation required.
    Also have to add that SP1 has increased performance in every comp.The ultimate machine actually got a 1,100 point increase in 3d 06 without any other changes at all.

GREASEMONKEY, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    1. If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    2. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    1. No, of course not.
    2. Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

4. 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation

1. 2 Windows Versions 1 Machine Activation - Similar Threads - Versions Machine Activation

2. Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC: I want to have another version of Windows 10 alongside the latest version that I am currently running now. Will this cause any issues? I've read that having two of the same OS in a dual boot is a bad idea. Since dual booting is usually only common with two different OS,...
  3. 1 PC 2× Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 PC 2× Windows?: Hey, I have a new PC on which I have reinstalled everything (Windows, new key). Now I want to drag some data from my old Hdd to my new one. My question is what happens when I connect the old harddisk, will there be any problems because Windows is installed on both? 1 PC...
  4. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  5. Windows activation on 1/2 new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on 1/2 new pc: Hello, I recently updated my hardware Motherboard & CPU and now cannot activate my account error code: 0xC004F213. When I try to do so/troubleshoot my "old" pc is shown, yet when i click this is my account I get the message "Unable to activate Windows". The account is still...
  6. windows 10 2 in 1

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 2 in 1: just got a tablet 2 in 1 it comes on but no window 10 start up asking password but it won't take it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2-in-1/ad8cda56-55a9-4eef-b2fc-361bfabf42dd
  7. Hulu app on windows 10, different versions on 2 machines.... why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hulu app on windows 10, different versions on 2 machines.... why?: I want to know if anyone has come to this discovery... I have few machines that I built some are for Gaming some are for business use, all have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, some like my laptop, have OEM Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Yesterday I decided to download and install HULU...
  8. Ms account on 2 machines change on 1 appears on the other NOT WANTED

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms account on 2 machines change on 1 appears on the other NOT WANTED: Hi there Build 10240 - running Ms account on Two machines - same Ms account. Now if I change the background / Theme etc on ONE machine it also appears on the other one when you reboot it. Is there any way to STOP this -- I have different monitors and graphics etc on the...
  9. See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2: How to: See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2 How to See if Hyper-V Virtual Machine is Generation 1 or Generation 2 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be...
  10. 2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Local users on 1 machine, login screen trouble: Hello, Im having trouble configuring the welcome or login screen in the Win10 OS. I have 2 local users, one with password. When i boot the OS, Windows automatically logs into the last logged user. I dont want that. I want to choose between user1 or user2. Setting password...