Windows 10: 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

Discus and support 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello..I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15 running in Windows 10 Pro. Originally there is 1 x 8GB DDR3 ram installed on it. I upgrade it by adding another 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IG544175, Sep 19, 2022.

1. IG544175 Win User

2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

Hello..I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15 running in Windows 10 Pro. Originally there is 1 x 8GB DDR3 ram installed on it. I upgrade it by adding another 8 GB Ram DDR3 with same speed 1600mhz on the second slot to make it 16GB total RAM. When I check the memory status on the task manager the Total memory become 16GB however the memory slot used is showing "slot used: 1 of 2" only. I just want to know why it showing only 1of2 instead of 2of2 since both slot has memory stick installed? it does mean only 1 memory is working? but why it shows the correct sum of memory? I tried to run also memory test

:)

IG544175, Sep 19, 2022

2. HP Pavillion Power 15" Windows 10 Freeze

My Laptop keeps freezing once in a while. Once it freezes, it will stay frozen until i either unplug my charger or replug my charger.

I am still unable to fix it, but here are some input.

Laptop: HP Pavillion Power 15"

Some symptoms:

• Ram is around 80% usage or higher
    • The computer does not lag
    • This happens less frequently after restarting and happens more frequently the longer I kept the laptop on or without shutting down (sleeping and turning on)

Thing's I have tried to change:

• the max cpu power in the power management
    • the power plan

Steven Mahasin, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Gusgf Win User
    single channel ddr3 vs dual channel ddr3

I've got two 10 year old laptops and I'm upgrading the memory to 8GB. On Speccy it's currently reporting the RAM as

HP: DDR3 Single channel PC3-12800, 2 slots both used
    Toshiba: DDR3 Dual channel PC3-10700 2 slots one used

I'm confused so please correct me if I am making the correct assertions below. BTW I'm buying the ram secondhand off of Ebay and not buying from e.g. Crucial as too expensive otherwise I would use their memory wizard and be done:

ASSERTIONS:
    1. The HP has a single channel memory architecture on the MB but the Toshiba has dual channel architecture on it's MB.
    2. Any DDR3 SODIMM will work so I could use PC3-12800 on either laptop using a 2 x 4GB config.
    3. Dual and single channel refers to the MB design and not the physical structure of the memory sticks. But if the memory sticks are labelled dual channel it means that they are designed to work with second paired memory stick in the appropriate channel.

Many thanks for any help in setting me straight if reqd 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15 :)

Gusgf, Sep 19, 2022
  4. 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

Trying to install ddr3 ram memory

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM

• CT102464BD160B
    • Configuration ID: CT9393061

DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024MEG X 64 now when shopping at micro center sales guy hepled me get this one Neo Forza DDR3 U-DIMM 8GB 1600 CL11

FloydTurner, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

1. 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15 - Similar Threads - 8GB RAM DDR3

2. HP Pavillion gaming 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion gaming 15: Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. Has my laptop for a couple years now and never had any issues at all, worked like a charm. Now over the last couple of weeks, it's got to the point its almost unusable. The laptop is now REALLY slow and doing pretty much anything;...
  3. HP Pavillion gaming 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion gaming 15: Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. Has my laptop for a couple years now and never had any issues at all, worked like a charm. Now over the last couple of weeks, it's got to the point its almost unusable. The laptop is now REALLY slow and doing pretty much anything;...
  4. 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15: Hello..I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15 running in Windows 10 Pro. Originally there is 1 x 8GB DDR3 ram installed on it. I upgrade it by adding another 8 GB Ram DDR3 with same speed 1600mhz on the second slot to make it 16GB total RAM. When I check the memory status on the task...
  5. 2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 x 8GB RAM DDR3 HP Pavillion 15: Hello..I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15 running in Windows 10 Pro. Originally there is 1 x 8GB DDR3 ram installed on it. I upgrade it by adding another 8 GB Ram DDR3 with same speed 1600mhz on the second slot to make it 16GB total RAM. When I check the memory status on the task...
  6. Compare performance between 12gb ram 8gb + 4gb and 8gb ram 4gb x 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compare performance between 12gb ram 8gb + 4gb and 8gb ram 4gb x 2: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about compare performance about ram. Please say which is better choice 12gb ram 4+8 gb or 8gb ram 4x2 gb about gaming, work like office, coder, virtual machine, etc. Thank you so much. All the ram is same as about speed bus,...
  7. Compare performance between 12gb ram 8gb + 4gb and 8gb ram 4gb x 2

Compare performance between 12gb ram 8gb + 4gb and 8gb ram 4gb x 2: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about compare performance about ram. Please say which is better choice 12gb ram 4+8 gb or 8gb ram 4x2 gb about gaming, work like office, coder, virtual machine, etc. Thank you so much. All the ram is same as about speed bus,...
  8. Compare performance between 12gb ram 8gb + 4gb and 8gb ram 4gb x 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 2 x 8GB Vs 1 x 16GB RAM Which is better and why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 x 8GB Vs 1 x 16GB RAM Which is better and why?: Hi All,2 x 8 GB Vs 1 x 16 GB RAM. Which is better and why?With Regards,Subhankar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-x-8gb-vs-1-x-16gb-ram-which-is-better-and-why/aa4eb466-f8ec-46af-9b26-d37f9f5ad5e7
  10. HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue: I have an HP Pavillion 15 Just recently I have been having trouble with my power/battery. I can charge up my laptop using the power cord when it its powered off, but when I turn on my laptop and attach the cord it will not charge while using. Is there a setting that I may...