Windows 10: 2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software

Discus and support 2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 m.2 nvme ssd's installed on my mobo. I want to use two of them as 2 partitions and the third for my data / files. Can I put os on 1 partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beewild, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Beewild Win User

2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software

I have 3 m.2 nvme ssd's installed on my mobo. I want to use two of them as 2 partitions and the third for my data / files. Can I put os on 1 partition and all other software on the other partition and how do I achieve this?

:)

Beewild, Dec 28, 2022

2. M.2 SSD Partitioning

My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD,

All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD.

I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference.

Now I have a new ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with Two M.2 slots.

I am going to buy a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

As I have under stood the SSD consists of 4 Nos of NAND Chis.

Therefore on each NAND chip, I presume will have capacity of 64 GBs.

My question is are they really independent ?

Can they behave as independent Hard disks?

If yes,

Can I partition my new M.2 SSD into an 198GB and 64GB partitions -that means 3 NAND chips and one NAND Chip?

and enjoy the same or better speed than before that I had with the SATA SSD?

Dr Abdul Rasheed

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Dec 28, 2022
  3. Jefrison Win User
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Dec 28, 2022
  4. 2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

normally laptop comes with primary Hdd, so. bios gives as sata 0 and if we add SSD in M.2 means, bios assigned as sata 1.

So only windows assigns according to Bios.

I have M.2 SSD as disk 1and HDD as disk 0, windows os is installed on Ssd

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software

1. 2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software - Similar Threads - ssd's partitions software

2. 2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 x m.2 ssd's as 2 partitions, 1 for os and 1 for all other software: I have 3 m.2 nvme ssd's installed on my mobo. I want to use two of them as 2 partitions and the third for my data / files. Can I put os on 1 partition and all other software on the other partition and how do I achieve this?...
  3. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  4. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  5. M.2 SSD Partitioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 SSD Partitioning: My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD, All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD. I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference. Now I have a new...
  6. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  7. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  8. Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD: I have C: for OS, D: for my documents. I use for game dev, mostly using Phoshop, Unity Which one of the follow options have better performance? 2 HDD (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 1 HDD 2 Partitions (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 62047
  9. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...