Windows 10: 20 gigs of space hidden

Discus and support 20 gigs of space hidden in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I went to my C drive and I selected everything and all of it adds up to about 62 gigs, but there's 85 gigs of used space on the hard drive. Trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nifty52, Mar 26, 2020.

1. 20 gigs of space hidden

I went to my C drive and I selected everything and all of it adds up to about 62 gigs, but there's 85 gigs of used space on the hard drive. Trying to free up some space so where the heck are the 20 gigs that aren't even being shown on the hard drive?

submitted by /u/Nifty52
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nifty52, Mar 26, 2020

2. Lost 15 gig disk space after using system restore

Thanks for the suggestions. Well I have given the machine loads of idle time. Then I ran disk clean up. Finally I started the maintenance manually and let that complete. I only got back a couple of gigs. I think doing the system restore has swallowed the data somewhere (and now it’s probably orphaned). Thing is it only reports a usage of a few hundred megabytes when I look at its configure option. Many months ago I used it for some other problem and while it fixed it I think I lost a few gigs as a result and now yesterdays shenanigans shaved off a few more.

I looked at wiztree but when I went to download it reported an unsafe download and blocked it. So I’ll give that a swerve. The pastebin link looks interesting but I don’t really know what I’m looking at or what I’m supposed to do.

I was looking at the folders and apps list and trying to roughly tot up what’s been used in reality compared to what windows reports. Seems I’ve used about 35-40 gigs whilst windows says I’ve used 56. So 15-20 gigs are lost / unaccountable

i have got fast start switched on but I’m not sure if that is taking any space up as I cannot find/see hiberfil.sys on the c: drive even when ensuring the option to view hidden files is checked and as I only have 8 gigs ram I guess that would only of accounted for 5-6 gigs anyway

thanks, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Rab Devil Win User
    Is 20 Gigs normal to get from the first day?

I have about 7 gigs of space remaining:

this is the problem : new drive - probably should be using 4-5 gigs but not 20 !

The question was not how much do I have for space but

why does a brand new windows on a days old pc use this much space and leave so little?

I think the trouble is out of my hands altogether.

There has always been trouble on my pcs and I was just called today

informing me that I am indeed hacked and they want me to think

that the real powers will cut off the credit card. typical scam isn't it?

Rab Devil, Mar 26, 2020
  4. TallTomD Win User

20 gigs of space hidden

Gigs

Maybe I was a bit harsh. But the local gigs listing was the most useful and unique part of the app. It was the only thing that I found useful in the app. It was the one feature that I bragged about and showed to my friends. It was amazing that I could
    bring up a list of all the bands playing within a 20 mile radius and choose our destination for live music. Now I need to use a search term which drastically limits the results. It was much better when it just showed me all the local gigs. It has lost a
    tremendous amount of usefulness to me.

TallTomD, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

20 gigs of space hidden

1. 20 gigs of space hidden - Similar Threads - gigs space hidden

2. computer has 20 gigs of app data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer has 20 gigs of app data: computer has 20 gigs of app data.how can I delete some of it?thanks *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-has-20-gigs-of-app-data/5c523dfe-4b8b-4d52-889c-409896dac702
  3. computer has 20 gigs of app data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer has 20 gigs of app data: computer has 20 gigs of app data.how can I delete some of it?thanks *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-has-20-gigs-of-app-data/5c523dfe-4b8b-4d52-889c-409896dac702
  4. computer has 20 gigs of app data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System files taking up 150 gigs of space, need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files taking up 150 gigs of space, need help: Surely this cant be right? I have run WinDirStat and there is 150 gigs of space just missing, any clue how to clear that up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-taking-up-150-gigs-of-space-need-help/65d5282c-e559-4a85-8a3d-1dd913b35a20
  6. Hidden used space on driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hidden used space on driver: I downloaded 15 GB of files to empty Driver and deleted it days after. My Driver says there is still 15 GB of used space, while there's no visible or hidden files. But I used Recuva to reach those files and try to overwrite them, expect it didn't do anything. I'm sorry if...
  7. Windows 10- Problem: Unaccessable Space " 349 Gigs" on Data Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10- Problem: Unaccessable Space " 349 Gigs" on Data Drive: On my Windows 10 Desktop, the Data Disk "D", is warning it is full, and only has 5 meg left of 931 gigs. All I can find that is legitimately used is about 650 gigs. I used Space Sniffer 1.3.0.2, and it says about 350 gigs are "Inaccessible Space". How do I free this up? Any...
  8. Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone: ..I thought this was thing of the past, I'm always going to be next to no space! I check updates, I nuke restore point as it happens, CCleaner, just, WHY! I made it to 5 gigs remaining, restarted because Firefox was being overwhelmed again, check my C:\ and boom two gigs...
  9. 20 GB of space missing on SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space missing on SSD: [ATTACH] Cannot clean what I can't find. Can you help? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20-gb-of-space-missing-on-ssd/52f4089c-7988-4c05-a25c-f7cc603350a9
  10. Is 20 Gigs normal to get from the first day?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is 20 Gigs normal to get from the first day?: My hackers have been messing with my memory and often, the pc would say something to do with a lack of memory and would therefore steal my ability to download anything unless I greatly delete stuff: BUT this is a brand new pc and why am I full without any programs installed...