Windows 10: 20+ minute boot time

Discus and support 20+ minute boot time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bananavangelist, Nov 20, 2019.

1. 20+ minute boot time

I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving in a circle.

I've ran the system file checker, updated video drivers, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and I changed the page file size to the recommended value (didn't help but made games crash constantly with it set at recommended level).

I've just dealt with it so long that I can't remember when it started but now it's really driving me crazy. I'd seriously appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/Bananavangelist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bananavangelist, Nov 20, 2019
  2. rush4usa Win User

Windows 10 upgrade caused boot time to go to 20 minutes

Still unresolved on my Sony VPCF1. Boot up time is 20 minutes. I even resorted to paid Microsoft support and after several hours and days, they concluded that the first Intel 7 processors, or at least the one in my machine, can't handle Windows 10 boots
    in a timely manor, sorry. Mine doesn't crash and works fine after boot up, so I use Sleep a lot.

rush4usa, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Clock always 20 minutes fast if set on automatic

There's at least 3 places on this list that have 30 minute offsets but that doesn't explain 20 minutes:
    The World Clock Worldwide

Berton, Nov 20, 2019
  4. 20+ minute boot time

Wifi connection cutting off every 20 minutes

My internet is turning itself off about every 20 minutes, and I have to go to the network and sharing center and run troubleshoot wifi connection 3 a several times before it goes back to normal.

What I've checked:

• The internet works without fail on my phone. The problem is surely on this device.
    • The wifi connection 3 thing on network and sharing center is the thing that always goes offline (has a red cross next to it)
    • My intelligence... I'm pretty bad at computing so please explain this in steps.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to stop this inconvenience from occurring every 10-20 minutes, its really frustrating. I need to answer questions and get more reputation on writers SE 20+ minute boot time :).

Thanks. By the way, I ran a scan. Its not a virus or malware, whatever else it could be.

Daniel Cann, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

20+ minute boot time

1. 20+ minute boot time - Similar Threads - 20+ minute boot

2. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  3. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  6. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  7. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. 5-minute boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5-minute boot time: A month or two ago Windows 10 Home suddenly started taking 5 minutes to start up. It used to take a minute. Details: No performance issues after boot Most of the boot time is during "Welcome" screen 2 languages installed - English and Japanese, OS is English CPU Pentium i5...
  9. Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes: Since fixing my Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data issue, I've noticed that if I hibernate my PC instead of shutting down, it takes around 20+ minutes for it to restart. The circle of dots moves very, very slowly. While starting from hibernate, if I press the reset button,...
  10. 20 minutes to boot :(

20 minutes to boot :(: Hi all, I'm experiencing some big issues with my computer since 2 days: when I try to boot it takes more than 20min to boot (and sometimes it doesn't boot). Current situation with my drives: Primary (OS & programs): Samsun 850 EVO 1st Archive: Caviar Blue 1TB 2nd...