Windows 10: 20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended

Discus and support 20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an ongoing problem that began around April 24, 2019 -- my windows 10 desktop PC is shutting down unexpectedly. This occurs almost totally when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yrralrellim, May 27, 2019.

1. 20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended

I have an ongoing problem that began around April 24, 2019 -- my windows 10 desktop PC is shutting down unexpectedly. This occurs almost totally when the PC is unattended. According to my log, it has occurred approximately 20 times since the date mentioned. It seems to occur randomly in time but on 24 May it occurred 5 times and since that day, the shutdowns have been almost daily.

When the shutdown occurs while I am actively using the PC, the only warning is the blue screen -- your PC has run into a problem. I am assuming that is the Windows 10 BSOD.

Obviously I have looked at the event log but I am totally lost and I know nearly nothing regarding interpretation to arrive at my problem, and thus find a solution. I have attached the V2 collector's zip file but I think that my security software programs MAY BE blocking successful completion of the V2 Collector - Bitdefender Total Security; SecureAPlus; and others.

I will be "out of my office" today until approximately 6 or 7 pm (US, Eastern Time) Please, what should I do next? Thank you!

:)

yrralrellim, May 27, 2019

2. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that your Computer shuts down automatically and gets error code
    6008, "The previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I appreciate the efforts who took to resolve the issue. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please refer the suggestions given by
    Ronald K
    using the below link and check if that helps.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

Also refer the suggestions given by Shinmila H using the below link and check if that helps.

unexpected shutdown "event id=6008"

Note : This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, May 27, 2019
  3. dannyh5 Win User
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected windows 10

there is no blue screen it go's black while playing a game and reboots it's self. driver's have been updated , upgrade to windows 10 aniversary update and yet it just did it again on me about 30 min's after it show's. it really starting to **** me off
    as i see no reason fo it to be happening as i keep it update and all it can say is The Previous system shoutdown was unexpected when it wasn't even shutdown. The previous system shutdown at 12:50:57 PM on ‎8/‎29/‎2016 was unexpected.

dannyh5, May 27, 2019
  4. dannyh5 Win User

20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended

The previous system shutdown was unexpected windows 10

ok i went in Event Viewer and found 4 Critical so i went and looked at Reliability Monitor as well and seen that all 4 Critical line up with when my pc rebooted on me. all the reboots seem to happen about 20 min's after it say's The Previous system shutdown
    so i hope this helps to fix this problem.

Event Viewer

--------------

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category KeyWords OpCode

------- ----------------- ----------- ----------- ---------------- ------------- ----------

Critical 9/15/2016 6:47:28 pm Kernel-Power 41 (63) (70368744177664),(2) info

Critical 9/14/2016 7:21:16 pm Kernel-Power 41 (63) (70368744177664),(2) info

Critical 9/7/2016 12:36:31 pm Kernel-Power 41 (63) (70368744177664),(2) info

Critical 8/29/2016 1:15:39 pm Kernel-Power 41 (63) (70368744177664),(2) info

Reliability Monitor

---------------------

The previous system shutdown at 6:35:44 PM on ‎9/‎15/‎2016 was unexpected. = Rebooted at 6:48 pm.

The previous system shutdown at 7:01:05 PM on ‎9/‎14/‎2016 was unexpected. = Rebooted at 7:21 pm.

The previous system shutdown at 12:11:16 PM on ‎9/‎7/‎2016 was unexpected. = Rebooted at 12:36 pm.

The previous system shutdown at 12:50:57 PM on ‎8/‎29/‎2016 was unexpected. = Rebooted at 1:15 pm.

dannyh5, May 27, 2019
Thema:

20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended

1. 20 Unexpected Shutdowns previous 30 day - most all when unattended - Similar Threads - Unexpected Shutdowns previous

2. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected: I keep getting consistent bsod This is what I found in event logI have tried: + check, scan, restore health & scansfx in cmd and found no corrupt files+ Doing full scan of the microsoft safety scanner and nothing wrong, too+ Download win11 ISO: my PC can't install this: And...
  3. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Id : 6008 LevelDisplayName : Error TimeCreated : 09/12/2023 18:54:29 Message : The previous system shutdown at 18:34:30 on ‎09/‎12/‎2023 was unexpected.Please find out the issue if you can. Thank you....
  4. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Id : 6008 LevelDisplayName : Error TimeCreated : 09/12/2023 18:54:29 Message : The previous system shutdown at 18:34:30 on ‎09/‎12/‎2023 was unexpected.Please find out the issue if you can. Thank you....
  5. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected: Reliability history reports "The previous system shutdown at 9:55:28 PM on ‎11/‎15/‎2023 was unexpected"there are multiple instances the same as this. No other critical errors affecting reliability but this. Tried not shutting down for 2 weeks, no more critical errors. Then...
  6. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Seems to happen whenever I'm watching videos, but it's not reproduceable so it might not have anything to do with it. It may happen once or twice a week at random.Machine is alredy old from 2014, daily work and gaming use, and originally I tought it was the graphics card, as...
  7. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Seems to happen whenever I'm watching videos, but it's not reproduceable so it might not have anything to do with it. It may happen once or twice a week at random.Machine is alredy old from 2014, daily work and gaming use, and originally I tought it was the graphics card, as...
  8. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. The Previous shutdown was unexpected, atleast 2x a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Previous shutdown was unexpected, atleast 2x a day: I'm having an issue with my computer shutting of and restarting multiple times a day. I tried updating all the drivers, repairing all corrupt windows files and even changing the power supply. I've attached the event record here, I'm not sure how to read it, but can someone...
  10. The Previous shutdown was unexpected, atleast 2x a day

The Previous shutdown was unexpected, atleast 2x a day: I'm having an issue with my computer shutting of and restarting multiple times a day. I tried updating all the drivers, repairing all corrupt windows files and even changing the power supply. I've attached the event record here, I'm not sure how to read it, but can someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The previous system shutdown at on ‎was unexpected. windows 10 1903