Windows 10: 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - what music format?

Discus and support 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - what music format? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; That old 2000 vehicle needs "standard" Audio CD-R's burned at the slowest speed your burner is capable of (and if its a SATA interface burner it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgchat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - what music format?

That old 2000 vehicle needs "standard" Audio CD-R's burned at the slowest speed your burner is capable of (and if its a SATA interface burner it probably still won't play them correctly as 16X is the slowest audio burn speed on most).

I have a recording studio and do a lot of audio CD burning. I only use CD-R discs and my burn speed "standard" is 8X. At that speed it will play on most older audio CD players. Car audio CD players in that era were in the group that needed audio CD's that were burned at low speeds. Higher speeds and they would either not play them or "skip". I do a lot of audio CD burning for clients. At the 8X speed I have not had one issue of a CD sold at a concert not working. I also only print on ink jet printable discs, NO labels.

fireberd, Mar 22, 2016
  2. vgchat Win User

Nice to hear that, so to summarize so far... Use the slowest burn speed possible > under 8X is optimal. Use CDRs and burn with the M3u format in the Windows Media Player?

I'll give that a shot.... and no dice, still refuses to read it. At this point I think I'll probably look for a replacement stereo, can anyone recommend me a cheap one (hopefully from 2007 & up) that will fit into a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport?

Also here's the Burner I have.
    LG Model GH24NS95 24X DVD Burner - Bare Drive Black - Newegg.com

vgchat, Mar 22, 2016
  3. fireberd Win User
    I don't use WMP to burn but I looked at it to see. "WPL" comes up as default, in mine for audio CD's.
    WPL, according to what I find is the preferred format.

I use Nero "BurningROM" for my audio CD burning. Nero is not free, however CDBurnerXP is a free, and popular, burning program. I would suggest try burning an "Audio" (NOT MP3) CD with this program. Make sure your source audio files are "wav" files and NOT MP3 or some other audio format.
    CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

The LG drive listed, from what I find, is the typical SATA burner drive and 16X is probably the slowest audio CD burning speed. The 16X burn speed can be an issue. A lot of the car audio CD burners in that timeframe needs 4X or slower. Even 8X is iffy.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - what music format?

1. 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan - what music format? - Similar Threads - 2000 Dodge Grand

2. Internal hard drive showing as formatted for music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard drive showing as formatted for music: I don't know why. Files work fine but it sometimes messes up the sort by configuration.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-hard-drive-showing-as-formatted-for-music/df41cf2d-ece5-4b9a-81c1-01f018501747
  3. Internal hard drive showing as formatted for music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal hard drive showing as formatted for music: I don't know why. Files work fine but it sometimes messes up the sort by configuration.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-hard-drive-showing-as-formatted-for-music/df41cf2d-ece5-4b9a-81c1-01f018501747
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto IV: I got gta4 a few years ago and I played it and it went fine even though my pc cant run it that well I still had fun. Now after I have reset my pc and changed everything I inserted my drive which gta iv was on and it didn't work. I got a windows message which is displayed down...
  5. Grand.........................master, why?

Grand.........................master, why?: once you make grandmaster grade in Microsoft Solitaire, what happens...............if nothing why bother. this neither motivates nor rewards it is just a 'pointless' accolade for a pastime that improves cognitive skills. I keep waiting for ,y imvite to the Grand ceremony,...
  6. Designer Mouse - Microsoft's dodge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Mouse - Microsoft's dodge: This was the reply by mSoft's moderator - a cop-out and finger-pointing move if I ever saw one, BUT... can you fix my problem, same as above: my Designer Mouse frequently and randomly stops working: rocaw {Microsoft Agent Moderator} Replied on October 19, 2017 ReplyIn reply...
  7. MSFS 2020 The Cessna Caravan 208

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 The Cessna Caravan 208: When i use Virtual Reality the Caravan is invisable except for the front wheel gear and muffler. All of the other aircrafts seem to be ok. I'm using Oculus VR....
  8. Formatting usb for music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting usb for music: I have windows 10. I have a new 32gb usb flash drive that is windows 10 compatable. I want to load music and play in my car. My car audio system reads and plays sound files on a flash drive in either MP3, WMA or AAC format. When i try to format my 32GB usp flash drive...
  9. Groove music downloads - file format?

Groove music downloads - file format?: i have never used Groove for music simply because I have an iPhone so my music management has always been iTunes. But I was curious about groove. One thing I can't find any info for is if you was to buy a music track from groove/Windows store what file format is downloaded?...
  10. What to delete/format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to delete/format?: I'm planning to install Windows 10, but confused on this screen: [img] What to do? 78158