Windows 10: 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

Discus and support 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A warning: I have two onedrive accounts (school / personal) and just did a clean install of 2004. One persistent bug that annoys me to no end is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ozarkcdn, Jul 23, 2020.

1. 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

A warning:

I have two onedrive accounts (school / personal) and just did a clean install of 2004. One persistent bug that annoys me to no end is that during the initial setup on the onedrive login I choose 'skp / keep files locally' but it never does. It starts anyways and syncs a new folder in the root C: drive. However, I keep all my data files on my D: drive and usually just have to go into the onedrive settings / unlink computer / login (on both accounts (exchange and free hotmail onedrive) and point them to the right places on the D: drive. That's the typical flow on clean installs.

However! On 2004, when I synced the folders, the free hotmail onedrive BORKED my entire onedrive folder structure. For example, the structure was OneDrive\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\.... ad nauseaum with various files strewn all about the place in the various \Documents folders. Luckily, I opted for the free premium trial of Office365 and luckily it had a hidden (not visible to a free account) backup from the previous day, so I only lost a day of work.

As soon as I get a large enough HD at home, I'll have another drive large enough to keep local copies only without 'Files On-Demand' to have a golden backup somewhere (pulling the ethernet cable so it doesn't sync the corrupted structure).

Be warned!

submitted by /u/ozarkcdn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ozarkcdn, Jul 23, 2020

2. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10 Pro

Hi Jason,

With regard to your concern, since you're able to boot the system in safe mode with no error, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to isolate the issue. This will
    start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. To perform a clean boot, refer to this

link

You may also run the System File Checker tool to check for system file corruption. To run the tool, follow these steps :

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Beven Win User

2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

1. 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install - Similar Threads - 2004 OneDrive folder

2. Critical Structure Corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Structure Corruption: Hello, I've updated to the latest Win 11 build and then crashes started to appear. I've looked trough the dump file but couldn't find anything helpfull.Could anyone help me with what could be causing that?Link for the dumpfileHere is it analyzed: 3: kd> !analyze...
  3. Critical Structure Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Structure Corruption: Hello, I've updated to the latest Win 11 build and then crashes started to appear. I've looked trough the dump file but couldn't find anything helpfull.Could anyone help me with what could be causing that?Link for the dumpfileHere is it analyzed: 3: kd> !analyze...
  4. Onedrive Folder Corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive Folder Corrupted: [ATTACH] I Cannot Delete Onedrive. Because This. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-corrupted/400df75f-5437-4aae-9f86-63b2d6770b37
  5. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  6. Critical Structure Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Structure Corruption: Hi, Sometimes when gaming or even watching YouTube my computer will BSOD with the critical structure corruption error. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlsThDlH0X1-imUJrbh9vBcVlmPG https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlsThDlH0X1-imT0FmtnS1_iXSgJ?e=rOh2JB Heres my msinfo and dmp...
  7. Critical structure corruption?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical structure corruption?: I know this is a fairly common issue but all of the online guides seem to be the same "update drivars", well i did and I'm still getting it. I've heard emulators can cause this issue, which i have 2 of. Should i delete them? Any other solutions? submitted by /u/SaggyDaddies...
  8. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive: Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete for more so. The...
  9. Windows 10 Home clean install BSOD Critical Structure Corruption

Windows 10 Home clean install BSOD Critical Structure Corruption: Old Dell inspiron Was running Windows 7, never had BSOD. Clean installed Windows 10 Home 64bit, only has avast and used portable spybot a couple of times. Drivers seem OK on device manager. bluescreenviewer shows caused by ntoskrnl.exe Memtest86 passed. Advice...
  10. BSOD critical structure corruption on a clean install of Win10 Pro

BSOD critical structure corruption on a clean install of Win10 Pro: Hi everyone, I've been having problems with my computer BSOD'ing, even under light usage (internet browsing, etc). The computer will crash randomly, sometimes several times an hour, or sometimes it will go for a week with no problem. It started a couple months ago, with...