Windows 10: 2004 completely broke OneDrive

Discus and support 2004 completely broke OneDrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OneDrive stopped working as soon as I updated to Windows 10 2004. Initially I got the error "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows", which gave me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arganoid, Jun 9, 2020.

1. 2004 completely broke OneDrive

OneDrive stopped working as soon as I updated to Windows 10 2004. Initially I got the error "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows", which gave me the options "Try again" or "Download all".

I tried the steps at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...onedrive-7c5b675f-555e-4aa1-b4d8-554698c2c2b9 without success. A restart did not fix it either.

Even worse, after choosing "Download all", the sync made no progress after downloading just a few MB.

Following the advice on the OneDrive website, I tried the "Reset OneDrive" thing and now it's been stuck for a day on "OneDrive is updating files - Processing 12,979 changes", often using 30% CPU time but never actually downloading anything. Now I can't even open the files which I already had on my PC.

If I use Process Monitor to monitor what OneDrive is doing, I can see that it's repeatedly accessing the same files in the loop. For example, if I set Process Monitor to only show accesses of one specific file, I can see that it's accessing that file every three minutes.

submitted by /u/arganoid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arganoid, Jun 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 9, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 2004 completely broke OneDrive :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Joe Men Win User

2004 completely broke OneDrive

Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Deleting the files from the OneDrive app will delete them from the OneDrive servers as well.

The said app works differently form a PC wherein you can choose the folders that you want to sync. Using the said app for Windows Mobile will always display all the contents of your account.

You can help Windows Mobile better by submitting a suggestion or feature request about the Windows and Apps.

Follow the steps below to submit a feature request about the mentioned app:

• Launch OneDrive.
    • Tap the Ellipsis [ . . . ] button on the lower right part of the screen.
    • Tap Give feedback.
    • Under the What would you like to send? drop down menu, select
      Suggest an idea.
    • Type in your suggestion in the Include a message text box.
    • Once you're done with the message, tap on the Check
      mark
      located at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thank you.

Joe Men, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

2004 completely broke OneDrive

1. 2004 completely broke OneDrive - Similar Threads - 2004 completely broke

2. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  3. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  4. 2004 Update broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...
  5. Version 2004 broke stuff...

in Cortana
    Version 2004 broke stuff...: 1 cannot type in taskbar search box. Mouseover makes border bold but focus will not switch into box with active cursor. 2 same issue with search box in windows sucksplorer... 3 emoji picker does not work... neither win+. nor win+; 4 stay tuned for more... Thanks for...
  6. 2004 Broke Saved Credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Broke Saved Credentials: Hi, Ever since installing the 2004 update ,none of my saved system credentials persist. Its not a case of them having been forgotten, they're just not kept. Each time I log in to Windows, I have re-sign into OneDrive, my browsers, LastPass, etc... I haven't installed 2004...
  7. My Windows 10 completely broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 completely broke: My laptop was working just fine. When it suddenly crashed and popped the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bluescreen error. For an hour after the crash everything was fine, but then it crashed again this time with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. From now on after the second...
  8. Windows 10 Completely Broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Completely Broke: I have Windows 10. Recently GTA V has been running slower than usual, so I suspected viruses. I scanned for viruses and have none. I opened Edge after not having used it in a long time, and it's not connecting to the internet at all, while Google Chrome is working perfectly....
  9. Onedrive broke after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive broke after update: I tried to get an answer for this months ago but was unsuccessful so here we go again. After a Windows update my OneDrive folder changed. Example: A new user was created by this update so instead of "Joe", my regular MS account I now have "Joe_.000". There's nothing in my...
  10. OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke?: I have 3 computers that I frequently use, and I keep all my documents under OneDrive. Recently I decided to get serious about cleaning up disk space, so I reorganized many of my document folders. I renamed several, I moved some underneath others, I deleted some, but I wasn't...