Windows 10: 2004 damaging user profile

Discus and support 2004 damaging user profile in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I really need some help. My computer has tried twice in the last couple of months to apply the 2004 update. Both times when it finishes installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kque69, Sep 16, 2020.

1. /u/kque69 Win User

2004 damaging user profile

So, I really need some help. My computer has tried twice in the last couple of months to apply the 2004 update. Both times when it finishes installing it comes back to tell me that I can’t login. I’ve tried all of the suggestions out there about deleting the temporary profile using the regedit. I’ve done everything that has been suggested by Microsoft except create a new user profile, which I would rather avoid doing. Both times I rolled back to an earlier version of windows. However I would really like to be able to be updated completely. Any suggestions for getting this update to install without damaging my user profile and not being able to login anymore?

submitted by /u/kque69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kque69, Sep 16, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 16, 2020
  4. 2004 damaging user profile

new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

2004 damaging user profile

1. 2004 damaging user profile - Similar Threads - 2004 damaging user

2. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profiles: Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back...
  3. user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user profile: sometimes when i turn on my laptop windows10 i get user profile service service failed to log in. if i power down and power back up it will start up some times normal and some times in safe mode....
  4. User Profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profiles: Hi, I just purchased Flight Sim. Unfortunately I am unable to download on to my PC. I am logged in under an old Outlook email on my PC, but I purchased Flight Sim on a new Profile and email in Outlook. As a result I can't install the game. How do I get the game from ready...
  5. Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile: Hello everyone, my system automatically installed the newest windows update at 16.08.2020 with a restart. I immediately noticed that some minor changes/bugs appeared profile picture is a "pixelated placeholder" and the lock screen function does not work anymore. I could log...
  6. Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile

Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile: I have two profiles, one not recognised and one not shown. Cannot login! What to do to access my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-2004-update-does-not-recognise-my-user/f52a3d45-5d75-435b-a835-31b3854112cf
  7. windows 10 ver 2004 User Profile failed

windows 10 ver 2004 User Profile failed: Hi, I downloaded and installed the version last . It takes a long time. But this morning when I tried to login, it kept saying User profile failed. I tried my pin and also the passwd. It won't start. It kept saying the same "User profile failed". I tried restart etc few...
  8. User profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profiles: I know that user profiles can get corrupted so if i cloned my drive before anything got corrupted would that make it so that in the future if anything was to get corrupted i could just go back to the old drive and my profile be fine?...
  9. user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile: I had a new hard drive in my computer. When the technician reloaded MS, Windows 10, etc., he kept all the right account information, including my profile picture, but despite the account being in my name, he put my husband's name under my picture on that opening screen. I...
  10. User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile: How do you fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10? Windows Fax and Scan would not fax following an update. I got an error message: “The RPC server is unavailable in Windows 10” On the Services window, I found the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure...