Windows 10: 2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy?

Discus and support 2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just updated from 1909 to 2004 (19041.630). I noticed that deferrals for quality and feature updates was no longer possible using settings. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by abacus, Nov 15, 2020.

1. abacus Win User

2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy?

I just updated from 1909 to 2004 (19041.630). I noticed that deferrals for quality and feature updates was no longer possible using settings. Is it still correct that the only way to defer quality updates for 30 days and feature updates for 365 days is by using group policy?

:)

abacus, Nov 15, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10  

If you mean what does the "Pause Quality updates starting" setting in group policy is for, it is for specifying a start date to pause updates.

2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy? [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 15, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10  

That some settings usually comes up when you have used Group Policy Editor to change some policy.

cereberus, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. 2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy? - Similar Threads - 2004 defer quality

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Defer Feature Updates in Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defer Feature Updates in Windows 10 Version 2004: Microsoft has removed the setting allowing users to defer feature updates in Windows 10 2004 but with this batch script you can defer feature updates. [media] 166275
  6. Defer Feature Updates in Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Feature Updates in Windows 10 Version 2004: Microsoft has removed the setting allowing users to defer feature updates in Windows 10 2004 but with this batch script you can defer feature updates. [media] 166275
  7. Manage updates with Group Policy Editor vs GUI Pause/Defer

Manage updates with Group Policy Editor vs GUI Pause/Defer: Hello all. Per a discussion with Martmcd I used Group Policy Editor to set my updates in “Configure Automatic Updates” to option 2= “Notify for download and auto install”. I will see how it behaves after patch Tuesday. I wanted to see the updates that were being offered and...
  8. Group Policy Editor not working after Vers 2004 updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy Editor not working after Vers 2004 updates.: Hi All. Would appreciate knowing if any others have been affected after running the two most recent updates for Win 10 2004. I did a clean install of Win 10 Vers 2004. After which Group Editor Policy worked fine and was accessible. However after applying updates KB4557957...
  9. Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN

Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN: Well it's back. I did upgrade to the May 2020 feature update 2004 for a short time and when I saw that this happened I rolled back to version 1909. The reason I upgraded to the Pro Edition of Windows 10 back in 2018 was so I can possibly avoid a "bad" update. I hope...
  10. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10: How to: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 How to Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features wont...