Windows 10: 2004 feature update made start menu useless.

Discus and support 2004 feature update made start menu useless. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; #1 The update was automatically pushed on me. I thought feature updates were supposed to only be installed if you chose to do it when your on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sqrly, May 28, 2020.

1. Sqrly Win User

2004 feature update made start menu useless.

#1 The update was automatically pushed on me. I thought feature updates were supposed to only be installed if you chose to do it when your on the current version? I was on 1909

#2 After updating to 2004 the search box opens when I hit the start button covering half the dame screen. Is this intentional?

Version 1909 before May feature update.

2004 feature update made start menu useless. 48051663-8b46-4ed2-a92c-d062d08bc091?upload=true.jpg

Version 2004 after May feature update.

2004 feature update made start menu useless. ffa2ed81-4fa2-426a-9047-611ede01f07c?upload=true.jpg

Luckily I was able to roll back to my previous build.

:)

Sqrly, May 28, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! 2004 feature update made start menu useless. :)

2004 feature update made start menu useless. [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, May 28, 2020
  4. 2004 feature update made start menu useless.

Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 28, 2020
Thema:

2004 feature update made start menu useless.

1. 2004 feature update made start menu useless. - Similar Threads - 2004 feature update

2. Windows Start Menu Search bar useless.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu Search bar useless.: I got a new laptop about 2 weeks ago and setup windows, but whenever i search for an app or a specific document it either asks me to search for it on the interned or on the fire explored, what happened to the search bar from Windows 7, where you would search for something,...
  3. 2004 update made everything lag

2004 update made everything lag: Whenever I use snip and sketch it takes several seconds to move the highlighted area because of lag. Does anyone else have this problem? submitted by /u/Reddey13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1teuj/2004_update_made_everything_lag/
  4. start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004: Hi Microsoft Team, after couple months updated my windows 10 to version 2004 suddenly this morning i have got error while clicking start menu button. the error is "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". i have tried to resign-in but...
  5. 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 feature update: have lenovo 310 desktop .have been trying for months to update to 2004 but with no success.have tried everything but no..it prepares =100%downloads 100%installs100% but fails on restart everytime. any suggestions please...
  6. Feature update 2004

Feature update 2004: Since installing feature update 2004 today nothing is working. Now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-2004/277674a3-1ca6-4ffe-9a00-eb4e255e1759
  7. FEATURE UPDATE 2004

FEATURE UPDATE 2004: CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE LATEST WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-2004/214dc1f6-d6fa-4b68-b696-17d34d786cc4
  8. Feature update 2004

Feature update 2004: Why does Microsoft not bother to test their updates before releasing them? If they did there would be fewer problems such as 'Downloading 100%' not progressing. I used to be a programmer before retiring and I would have been sacked, or certainly demoted, if any of my...
  9. 2004 update Start menu issue

2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  10. Start menu thumbnails - useless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu thumbnails - useless: As I recall, when I floated the mouse pointer over a task bar icon in Windows 7 it displayed a fairly complete version of the names of the files the application was editing. In Windows 10 it displays a a thumbnail of the application's window below a truncated filename....