Windows 10: 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

Discus and support 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 running windows 2004. Power button is set to Sleep. Pressing the power button and the laptop enters Sleep. Press it again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throndar, Sep 7, 2020.

1. 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 running windows 2004.

Power button is set to Sleep. Pressing the power button and the laptop enters Sleep. Press it again to wake up.

If I leave my laptop the screen is supposed to turn off.

What happens is it restarts.

I'm not sure if it's crashing or shutting itself down, because the screen is of course turned off.

Is there anywhere I should be specifically looking?

I notice that the power settings have been changed in 2004.

This behaviour did not occur with the previous version of windows (1909 or whatever it was).

edit:

running powercfg /a

tells me my system firmware only supports Standby(S3)

submitted by /u/throndar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throndar, Sep 7, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 7, 2020
  3. nfshp253 Win User
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop [​IMG]

nfshp253, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Phillmont Win User

2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

1. 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop - Similar Threads - 2004 has broken

2. my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is broken: i have the lenovo ideapad 3 and ive had it for about a year now and this problem has just started when i try to open any app on my laptop it works for a few seconds then my screen turns black then off and on then it works then the whole app crashes and i cant use anything...
  3. my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is broken: i have the lenovo ideapad 3 and ive had it for about a year now and this problem has just started when i try to open any app on my laptop it works for a few seconds then my screen turns black then off and on then it works then the whole app crashes and i cant use anything...
  4. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  5. The 2004 update has completely broken my system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 2004 update has completely broken my system: So I guess I made the mistake of updating Windows early, I get constant crashes and error messages. Along with a crash when I empty the recycle bin, file explorer not working half the time and system restore/ repair just not doing anything. And chkdsk errors out. Here's a...
  6. Is my laptop broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my laptop broken.: I'm going to list everything wrong with my computer - My Caps Lock function is reversed when I have Caps Lock on it's lowercase letters and the other way around -Every link I press opens another window -Every time I open a channel on the chatting app "Discord" it opens...
  7. My laptop is broken!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is broken!: Recently I dropped my laptop on the ground, and the screen went black. On restart, it said 2100: Detection error on HDDO Main HDD. Im not sure what I should do. Please help! I own a Lenovo thinkpad...
  8. Latest security update has broken my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest security update has broken my laptop: I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to...
  9. The new critical update has broken my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The new critical update has broken my laptop: Hi there, I have installed the latest critical update on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 laptop running windows 10 and now it's thoroughly borked. I followed the steps on windows.com/stopcode as advised on the bluescreen but my laptop was unable to start in safe mode (It...
  10. my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is broken: When I got my laptop out of the box I turn it on and there is a line right in the middle that wont go away. Also now I cant click anything because my cursor wont work! What do I do?...