Windows 10: 2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed

Discus and support 2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The security scan for problem software seems to be flakey. The list of bad software seems to hang around after the recommended action is taken. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobphi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. bobphi Win User

2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed

The security scan for problem software seems to be flakey. The list of bad software seems to hang around after the recommended action is taken. I have even manually deleted software and it still shows up in the list. Clicking on the START ACTIONS button provides no feedback that it is doing anything, probably because it is not doing anything. I did a RESTART and it was still there. I have done a QUICK SCAN and it reports no new problems, except that the list of problem s/w shows up. Sometimes I can select an individual problem and I am able to click to display a list of actions for that item. Sometimes there is no action list to click on.

:)

bobphi, Jun 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

Thema:

1. 2004 Security Scan problem s/w can't be removed - Similar Threads - 2004 Security Scan

2. i can't run security scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  3. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  4. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't remove s mode

I can't remove s mode: I've done a reset on my computer and now for some reason I can't get out of s mode. I've tried going to settings -> activation and then swith to Windows 10 home but I receive a message : you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link. I've tried to look up windows...
  6. Removing S Mode problem.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing S Mode problem.: I'm trying to remove the S Mode. But when I do After I say Get it, the only option I have is NO, it will not let me sign in like it asks. NO OPTION available to continue. Please help me. I've tried multiple times, but still the same results....
  7. Removing S Mode problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing S Mode problem.: I'm trying to remove the S Mode. But when I do After I say Get it, the only option I have is NO, it will not let me sign in like it asks. NO OPTION available to continue. Please help me. I've tried multiple times, but still the same results....
  8. Removing S Mode problem.

9. Can't remove Windows S

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove Windows S: A neighbor in my senior community was sent a Windows S laptop from his kids. I tried to help him set it up but as we found out it will only install Play Store apps. When I tried to remove "S" it asked for his Windows login which he didn't know. How do I remove "S" without...
  10. w a l w a r e problem, can't scan nor instal anti program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    w a l w a r e problem, can't scan nor instal anti program: Dears, i seem to have m a l w a r e on my laptop. i have runned windows defender full scan, offline scan and as extra norton anti-virus. Doens't finds anything. After that i tried looking for a anti m a l w a r e program but the moment i use m a l w a r e as 1 word in...