Windows 10: 2004 still updating on my computer for weeks

Discus and support 2004 still updating on my computer for weeks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First time ever for having an update problem. Downloaded the 2004 on my 64 bit Gateway with no problems at all and fairly quickly also. Downloaded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobPH, Sep 17, 2020.

1. bobPH Win User

2004 still updating on my computer for weeks

First time ever for having an update problem.

Downloaded the 2004 on my 64 bit Gateway with no problems at all and fairly quickly also.

Downloaded to my 32 bit HP both are desktops and started great but now stuck on the lock screen page with no mouse or keyboard and from the power light intervals, it seems to be still installing. I have tried all the usual restart protocols disconnecting modem etc. but to no effect.

This has been going on for weeks.

Do I keep waiting to see what happens or what?

:)

bobPH, Sep 17, 2020

2. Disable installation of Feature Update 2004

About 2 weeks ago, version 2004 showed up on the Updates list and automatically installed. Upon completion of the install, the computer was completely unusable: no application would load; those that started would hang and eventually (5 minutes) fail. To
    attempt to remove the update, I had to force a power off (mirrored drives really don't like that!) and then was finally able to use to Recovery under Updates to remove about 95% of the update. After the require restart and while checking what was or was not
    working, Updates (of course) reinstalled 2004. Repeat: Recovery and Remove 95% (95% of 95% = 90% Usable). Attempting to use MS questions area, the only suggestion was to Disable the Updates Service which, of course, means no further security or usability
    patches.

All of that overly long explanation is by way of saying: I have attempted the only other option given here for removing 2004. At the moment, the Update Service is Disabled (PS: if you leave it at Manual, it will eventually start up and 2004 will commence
    its installation). So, the question: is there ANY way to disable the attempt by Update Service to install version 2004? I don't mean "install and wait for a couple of patches", I mean permanent tell Windows to NOT attempt to install 2004? My computer works
    just fine without the feature updates and does not work AT ALL *with* the updates. Prior versions and other patches allow for the update to be Hidden and ignored; Feature Update 2004 will install if the service is running and there appears to be no way to
    abort/hide/ignore the update.

Any suggestions??

CLJohnson999, Sep 17, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 2004 still updating on my computer for weeks

update from 1909 to 2004

I had ver 2004 on my compter when it started stopping and starting on its own so i uninstalled 2004 today my computer offered me ver 2004 but during the update it says unalbe to update your computer

this computer can't be upgraded to ver 2004 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

D. KeithPlummer, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

2004 still updating on my computer for weeks

1. 2004 still updating on my computer for weeks - Similar Threads - 2004 still updating

2. Windows update this week ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update this week ruined my computer: Updates that Windows pushed out this week early Dec 2020, have ruined my computer. In this time of lockdowns and quarantines, our computers have never been more important. Children homeschooling online, work demands and often the only way to stay connected to family and...
  3. Update 2004 still not fixed for me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 still not fixed for me: Back in july i updated to 2004 and had an absurd amount of issues. Games crashing, apps crashing,BSOD... all sorts of things. I rolled back to 1909 and everything has been fine since. I installed 2004 again today and im having all the same issues(except no BSOD yet). I...
  4. Still no Update 2004 for my laptop

Still no Update 2004 for my laptop: So now it is the mid of November and the 2004 windows update still has not rolled around for my Laptop. Dont know the specs on the top of my head, but seeing as one of my far older devices was already able to install it, I would like to pose the question at what point this...
  5. Still can't update to 2004

Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  6. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  7. My computers won't update to version 2004

My computers won't update to version 2004: Hello: I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the files, and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine, then the...
  8. Safe to install 2004 update or still buggy?

Safe to install 2004 update or still buggy?: I'm currently on 1909 version and I've gone through several posts about the 2004 update in this subreddit and r/windows and saw some people had issues while some had little to no problem. Thing is that my laptop is my daily driver and I don't want to face any bugs or...
  9. Feature Update 2004 still not delivered

Feature Update 2004 still not delivered: My wife's computer still did not get Feature Update 2004, but very early on, there was and still is a notice that says once it is ready for your device you will see it here. The computer has no fancy stuff on it, so what can be stopping the delivery? Should we just attempt...
  10. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...