Windows 10: 2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x?

Discus and support 2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before updating I never really had an issue instantly opening my browser after booting up and accessing pages right away, now it takes like 10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kinsi55, Jun 30, 2020.

1. 2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x?

Before updating I never really had an issue instantly opening my browser after booting up and accessing pages right away, now it takes like 10 seconds before my link is established (consistently). Anyone else?

AMD, Intel NIC (Latest driver)

submitted by /u/kinsi55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kinsi55, Jun 30, 2020

2. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 30, 2020
  4. 2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x?

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x?

1. 2004 takes significantly longer to bring up Ethernet link than 190x? - Similar Threads - 2004 takes significantly

2. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  3. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  4. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  6. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  7. Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10: i have a new hp laptop with windows10 built-in. less than a week the restart option takes a long time. over 3 minutes it goes over : 1. hp logo screen 2. wait screen 3 .windows welcome screen 4.It takes a while to display my name with Hello if i choose shut-down...
  8. Pc reset taking longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset taking longer than expected: Due to performance issues and a strange issue with my logins not saving correctly for multiple apps I have attempted to reset Windows. I began the reset about 5 hours ago selecting the option to remove all personal files and it is currently only on 19% Is this normal?...
  9. Check Disk is taking a lot longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk is taking a lot longer than expected: Okay well I am going to try to include as much infomation whilst still keeping this short. I am not too sure how to add, so I will just say everything. So about 2 years ago I was given a refurbished HP ProBook to use for school, and it was working for most of my needs. So...
  10. Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning: Hello My Windows10 has suddenly started taking longer and longer for my monitor to come to life first thing in the morning. It now seems to take about 2 - 3 minutes! And it seems that I need to press the "Source" button on the screen as well. - Any advice?...