Windows 10: 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...

Discus and support 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed the feature update version 2004 back in mid August and my taskbar/calendar preview has been broken ever since. I can't right click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quick_Question_4_You, Sep 11, 2020.

1. 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...

I installed the feature update version 2004 back in mid August and my taskbar/calendar preview has been broken ever since.

I can't right click on taskbar icons. I can only 'Shift+Right Click'. Right clicking on taskbar icons also bugs Windows Explorer so if I'm watching a video in VLC or YouTube (Chrome) the taskbar stays on top when the video is fullscreen until I restart Windows Explorer through the Task Manager.

The calendar preview is gone. Almost every day I would click on the on the taskbar clock to get the small calendar preview to popup. Ever since installing 2004 nothing happens when I left click the clock. I tried everything suggested here and nothing worked.

Almost a month now and these bugs are starting to get annoying. Anyone have any suggestions for what to try next?

submitted by /u/Quick_Question_4_You
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quick_Question_4_You, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Windows Taskbar Calendar not Working

Hi,

It's really odd for an update/s to cause an issue to a computer since they were made to enhance the performance of its system and to fix the bugs/glitches. Let just say that a conflict on your system files are the one that causing the issue from the last
    update. Let's see if turning on and off the the clock in the system icon menu will make a difference. Follow these steps to do so:

• Right click on the Taskbar, then choose Taskbar settings.
    • Scroll down to Notification area, then click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Toggle the Clock icon off, then close the Settings menu.
    • Repeat steps #1-#3 to toggle on the Clock icon on.

Once done, check if you'll be able to pull up the Calendar on the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 11, 2020
  4. 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone...

1. 2004 update broke my taskbar, I can't right click icons and the calendar preview is gone... - Similar Threads - 2004 update broke

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  5. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  6. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  8. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  9. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....