Windows 10: 2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.

Discus and support 2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a similar issue to this fella however I think my boot partition is fine, it's the other entries that are causing the issue. In BIOS I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryanvsrobots, Aug 15, 2020.

1. 2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.

So I have a similar issue to this fella however I think my boot partition is fine, it's the other entries that are causing the issue.

In BIOS I have three boot entries on my main SSD. Looking at EasyUEFI, I see that two of them are on the C: partition. (Ignore the USB drive)

I've disabled them here but they're still showing up in BIOS, and I think Windows is trying to boot to them during/after the update, causing it to bootloop, fail, and roll back the update.

Are these extra entries safe to delete? I'm pretty sure I created these incorrectly when trying to recreate the system partition via command line awhile back. Is there another fix? Thank you.

submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryanvsrobots, Aug 15, 2020
  2. BRU
    bru Win User

2004 Fails Multiple Times

2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back.

3. multiple entries of modem in settings

In settings-devices I have over 70 entries for my Archer_VR1600v modem all saying "not connected" and only one entry with nothing listed next to it. I need to reset my network settings daily to get any connection to the internet. Would these multiple listings
    be the cause of this resetting problem?

*** Merge thread due to similar issue ***

robertthomas54, Aug 15, 2020
  4. TD47 Win User

2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

@JonGraef - that is an interesting observation, BUT it might be an effect rather than a cause. Nontheless, I have seen old and new reports where the Windows WMI (WBEM) repository can get out of sync with "reality" (i.e. what bits and peices under the "hood"
    are where, and other properties), and cause that event 6006, and a slow boot or slow display of login screen. There is an easy way to check it out, and if the first "verify" command works, then go no further, it has probably got rebuilt OK:

"

• To perform a repair/re-sync of the Windows 10 WMI repository:
      1. Open an elevated command prompt. (right click the start menu icon, choose admin cmd or powershell)
      2. Verify the WMI repository is not corrupt by running the following command:
    • If the repository is not corrupted, a “WMI Repository is consistent” message will be returned; if you get something else, go to step 3, otherwise if the repository is consistent, more troubleshooting will be required as the repository is not likely the
      problem.
    1. Run the following commands to repair WMI:
    • If the repository salvage fails to work, then run the following command to see if it resolves the issue:
    • After the last command, there should be a “WMI Repository has been reset” message returned that verifies the command was successful.

Thema:

2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.

1. 2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries. - Similar Threads - 2004 update fails

2. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  3. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  4. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers: I am uncertain if this is by design, and if so, I understand. I support a traveling comms team that supports a VIP user. Part of their travel procedure involves setting up a comms room at the various hotels they stay at, and as part of that they connect various printers via...
  7. 2004 update fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update fails: I have been unable to get this update to install, it fails with the came code 0xc000005 in widows update. I tried using the upgrade assistant, that too fails. Here's the end of the log that was generated. 2020-09-16 07:02:55.704, Error Setup Platform Deployment failed with...
  8. Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004

Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004: after updating Win 10 to build 2004, I try to run updates, then I get a BSOD. It restarts, then I try to run updates again and it keeps failing to install. I have ran through this twice and still same result. I have included a OneDrive link to my system info and the minidump...
  9. 2004 Fails Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 Fails Multiple Times: 2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back. 159143
  10. Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time

Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time: Hi I installed the May 2020 feature update recently and now wish I hadn't. I have Windows 10 Pro on a fairly old high end Dell XPS desktop originally came with Win 7. Now whenever I first power up from cold, the system stalls at the Dell logo splash screen. I have to...