Windows 10: 2004 update hard crashes my PC

Discus and support 2004 update hard crashes my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Installed 2004 update on my laptop, and during the initial reboot, i.e., when there's some circley animation, everything just hard crashes and remains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rxzlmn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. /u/rxzlmn Win User

2004 update hard crashes my PC

Installed 2004 update on my laptop, and during the initial reboot, i.e., when there's some circley animation, everything just hard crashes and remains frozen. No reboot, bluescreen, or anything, just a frozen image of the animation which remains until I force it off. I've (hard) rebooted a few times, same result.

Uninstalled the update, and luckily it works again - I have a final exam via Adobe Connect tomorrow after all. I thought I get updates out of the way before that!

Should I even try again? The laptop isn't particularly old or odd - and never had any issues with Windows updates before. I don't see any thread here stickied about 2004 issues - so I suppose it's just me?

submitted by /u/rxzlmn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rxzlmn, Jun 17, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. John Vil Win User

PC is crashing after updating to the Creators update.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your PC kept crashing after installing the Creators Update. To assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • What is the current build of your system? To check, type winver and press
      Enter on the Cortana search field.

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System File Checker tool
    to repair any file corruptions that may causing your PC to crash.

If the issue persists, we also suggest you to follow our recovery options in Windows 10 and revert it to its previous version. Kindly click on this article posted by J W Stuart for the steps:
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in
    the Aniversary Edition and Creators Update

We are looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. 2004 update hard crashes my PC - Similar Threads - 2004 update hard

2. PC Hard Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Hard Crashing: My PC has been hard crashing when playing games of varying performance requirements. I'm including WHEA DMP files as those were the only indicators in Event Viewer that pointed to any issues leading up to the crash. I have tried several steps such as:- Reseating components...
  3. PC Hard Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Hard Crashing: My PC has been hard crashing when playing games of varying performance requirements. I'm including WHEA DMP files as those were the only indicators in Event Viewer that pointed to any issues leading up to the crash. I have tried several steps such as:- Reseating components...
  4. PC Hard Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Crashes while updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Crashes while updating to Windows 10 2004: I tried to update my OS from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 2004 and during the process, my computer crashed. The system recovered just fine and I didn't lose any data, but every time I try to update it keeps crashing. Specs: Msi Tomohawk B350 Motherboard AMD Ryzen 3600x...
  6. External hard drive issue with 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive issue with 2004 update: I have been getting a very strange issue with one of my two external hard drives after the 2004 update. One of my drives is not getting detected in my system. It shows up in the device manager tab but not in the disk manager tab. The drive system is working as I feel the...
  7. aCER 3900pRO pc CRASHES WHEN FEATURE UPDATE 2004 INSTALLED.

aCER 3900pRO pc CRASHES WHEN FEATURE UPDATE 2004 INSTALLED.: Installing feature update to win 10 version 2004 crashes ACER 3900Pro PC. Message is windows missing files after reboot and unable to get windows started I was running this PC without any problems until I attempted the download. By the way, I have been reinstalling the OS...
  8. Updates for KB crashed my hard drive

Updates for KB crashed my hard drive: my computer updated with all it's new patches and after restarting it crashed my hard drive i repaired my system but now i feel like updates are more dangerous then pc viruses has anyone else had this problem?[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. PC crash event IDs 1023 & 2004

PC crash event IDs 1023 & 2004: Hello, I am trying to track down the cause/repair to my PC hard rebooting. When i launch a game borderlands 3 it will start to load up but then the PC will crash/reboot. there is no error message or even blue screen it just reboots my machine. I have tried with tech support...
  10. PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected: My PC using Windows 10 has crashed for a second time in two weeks. I am a able to boot using a Kapersky boot disk and then the PC will operate as normal. However after this most recent crash I ran a diagnostics tool by PC-Doctor and it gave an error code: BIOHD-2, warning: No...