Windows 10: 2004 Update Has New Message

Discus and support 2004 Update Has New Message in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After checking for the 2004 update for several weeks and getting the message that my computer was not ready for it and there was noting I needed to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JWalker, Jun 24, 2020.

1. JWalker Win User

2004 Update Has New Message

After checking for the 2004 update for several weeks and getting the message that my computer was not ready for it and there was noting I needed to do at this time, I suddenly got a new message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device, youll see the update available on this page." I appreciate the clearer message and not having to worry that I should somehow be getting my computer ready for 2004. After reading posts on the update I will wait until the update comes to my computer normally because it will check to see if my computer is compatible.

Windows 10 Pro, 1909(2)

:)

JWalker, Jun 24, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

2004 Update Has New Message [​IMG]

fireberd, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 24, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. 2004 Update Has New Message - Similar Threads - 2004 Update Has

2. Has windows fixed Update 2004???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has windows fixed Update 2004???: My computer was finally running like a clock again, with no BSOD. However, now the dreaded 2004 install is back. It accidentally got installed after I updated some graphic card drivers. My question: HAVE THE FINALLY FIXED 2004 OR CAN I EXPECT MORE RANDOM BSOD? If not, how...
  3. The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...: The v.2004 is on its way message has just disappeared from the WU page in Settings. My system is paused. If the FU to v.2004 was finally available, shouldnt there be an option to do the update, or will it show up if I unpause the system? Not doing anything until I get a...
  4. The new Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new Windows update 2004: Should i download and install the newest Windows update or does it still have some unsolved issues ? submitted by /u/CouZou420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv38fu/the_new_windows_update_2004/
  5. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  6. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  7. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  8. Not ready for 2004 update message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  9. Clean Install 2004 Has New Partition Order

Clean Install 2004 Has New Partition Order: I just noticed on both my platforms that were given clean installs of 2004 using the MCT that the partition order that's been consistent since 1511 has now changed and the naming is slightly different. Not that it really affects anything, but has anybody heard why or have a...
  10. Ver 1703 (CU) has new message on System Updates screen

Ver 1703 (CU) has new message on System Updates screen: After I upgraded to v1703 (CU) the Update screen has a new message that wasn't on the v1607 (AE) update screen: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. Since this is my home PC, there is no 'your organization'. How do I find out which settings have been...