Windows 10: 2004 update messed up my laptop

Discus and support 2004 update messed up my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viukus_Kakuja, Jun 20, 2020.

1. 2004 update messed up my laptop

I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues-

1. Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games.

2. Startup takes more time.

3. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are gone, stuff pinned to the taskbar as well and the shortcuts too just vanish.

4. FPS drops in gaming. (GTA V)

5. Stuff freezes after startup.

6. a .DLL file is missing.

These issues were not there in the 1909 version. Stuff I tried to do- run sfc scan and DSIM via cmd, run CCleaner, did a scan with Windows Defender. What eventually worked is rebooting till the issues are gone. The .DLL and live tiles bugs are still persist.

submitted by /u/Viukus_Kakuja
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viukus_Kakuja, Jun 20, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 20, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 2004 update messed up my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 20, 2020
  4. 2004 update messed up my laptop

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! 2004 update messed up my laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

2004 update messed up my laptop

1. 2004 update messed up my laptop - Similar Threads - 2004 update messed

2. my keyboard on my laptop is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard on my laptop is messed up: ok so my key board is kinda messed up my esc key dont work also 5,6 dont work and g,v dont work nor does left ctrl work please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-on-my-laptop-is-messed-up/2f014a53-d22e-42b3-88fa-b43c952e5521
  3. My laptop keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keyboard is messed up: My laptop keyboard is messed up and I don't know what to do. When I press /a/ it would type /43ex/ and when I press any other key it would type some 3 digits words and numbers like /5gt/ or something like that....
  4. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  5. 2004 Update Messing with Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2004 Update Messing with Bluetooth.: Initially, the Update itself caused my Bluetooth device to stop working. Since then, setting my machine to Hibernate reproduces the same, or similar, problem. At first I tried Remove device, then Add device, but the device while set to discover mode was not detected. More...
  6. Update 2004 Messed up my Default Profile Picture And More

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2004 Messed up my Default Profile Picture And More: I just updated my Windows 10 to version 2004 before yesterday. I restarted my PC, because the update required it. At first login my profile picture was changed to a new design i have the default. After a few restarts my profile picture has been changed to this. I loved the...
  7. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.: After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage. First it reseted some of my software/driver settings: nVidia driver settings Creative ZX sound card settings Kaspersky AV settings. Second,...
  8. Windows Update - messed up laptop

Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  9. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...
  10. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649