Windows 10: 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

Discus and support 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LorenzoMoncelsi, Jul 12, 2020.

1. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I don't want to simply wipe and install Windows from scratch. When I try to roll back to a previous version or restore to backup point before that evil update, I'm unable to, I get errors. I've also tried commercial solutions like EasyRe, but to no avail. I've never seen anything like this and I think it's malignant to do this to people's systems and not allow a roll back. Please help.

:)

LorenzoMoncelsi, Jul 12, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 12, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

My second generation (2017) Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga is listed as compatible, but Windows Update is still telling me my laptop isn't ready *Confused

I also checked the laptop against Lenovo's servers for drivers and firmware updates and none were found. It would be nice if Microsoft (Windows Update) could tell you what the specific issue is to the PC at hand.

sygnus21, Jul 12, 2020
  4. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

Terrible performance with latest windows 10 update on Lenovo Laptop

Since you have completed most of the steps on the list on how we can improve the PC performance in Windows 10, we can now check the components on your laptop. This is to make sure that the Windows Update is calibrated with the hardware on your laptop.
    This
    link
    contains an article by Andre Da Costa, wherein he listed on how to determine if the PC is compatible with the Windows 10. Please check if your Windows 10 has now the version 1709 by pressing
    Win + R then type winver. Select your OEM on the list and check if Lenovo has an update for the drivers on your laptop. You may also need Lenovo to assist you if there's an update with your laptop's system BIOS.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

1. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - 2004 update ruined

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop: Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning. After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it....
  5. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  6. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  7. lenovo ideapad 700 - 15ISK my 2004 update

lenovo ideapad 700 - 15ISK my 2004 update: hi, does anyone know when I can expect may 2004 update od lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK, because windows update did not download it yet. Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-ideapad-700-15isk-my-2004-update/c7743b2d-d92e-4bbb-baa1-59a325b0c72c
  8. update 1909 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update 1909 has ruined my laptop: My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that...
  9. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...