Windows 10: 2004 Update taking a long time

Discus and support 2004 Update taking a long time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joshdicko4, Sep 7, 2020.

1. 2004 Update taking a long time

Hi all,

I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long?

Thanks

submitted by /u/joshdicko4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joshdicko4, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update?

A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those tests I can say that the answer remains the same. Times for each step were almost identical - over four hours from start to a working desktop.

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

My recommendation: unless you really need to see the Feature Update listed in update history, then download the ISO and use that to upgrade.

2004 Update taking a long time [​IMG]

Bree, Sep 7, 2020
  3. fahadQL Win User
    why windows 10 version 2004 takes very long time to install. can its time be reduced

hi,

on 8mb connection window 10 64 bit version 2004 takes a long time 12 plus hours to install.

can it be installed using media creation tool?

fahadQL, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

2004 Update taking a long time

Windows update taking a very long time

Hi Harvey,

One of the possible reasons why the Windows Update is very slow is because of a corrupted Windows Update system files. These may also depend on the Internet speed and file size of the update being installed. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot Windows Update issues.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

2004 Update taking a long time

1. 2004 Update taking a long time - Similar Threads - 2004 Update taking

2. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  3. Windows update search take long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update search take long time: Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx submitted by /u/TheMagiiK...
  4. Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time

Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time: Last night ɪ decided to update my windows cause my fps was dropping to 30-60, ɪ woke up at 10 and it was on 90% and ɪ just been in bed waiting on it to be don, its currently 4:00 and its still at 90%, theres no issues with my pc, ɪ have 32gb of ram and my pc is fairly new,...
  5. version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!: I recently formatted my PC and installed the 2004 version of Windows 10. This version is very slow and heavy, applications take a long time to open. The only good thing about this version is that it has solved the blue screen problem The previous version 1903 was good, but...
  6. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update: Hi. I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge... It does not matter witch I launch, all are about same launch speed. System is a i9-9900 CPU with 16GB ram. I have tried to...
  7. Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot: I have a windows install I occasionally use for some software and gaming but it will sit at the blue spinning circle screen before loading the lock screen for a good minute or two on boot. Ive checked my hard drive’s SMART values and it is in good working order. I don’t know...
  8. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...