Windows 10: (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly

Discus and support (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My WiFi connection to my Modem/Router drops every 5 to 10 minutes for a short time then reconnects. I know it's not my ISP as my phone works just fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BitRotBrew, Jun 8, 2020.

1. (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly

My WiFi connection to my Modem/Router drops every 5 to 10 minutes for a short time then reconnects. I know it's not my ISP as my phone works just fine, I have done several speedtests using /u/BitRotBrew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BitRotBrew, Jun 8, 2020
  2. jomppa Win User

sick of my laptop internet being slow and dropping constantly

I have the same problem here. Two Windows 10 tablet/laptops (one from Lenovo, the other from Acer) will drop their wifi connection constantly. The network environment seems not to affect the issue as at least Acer drops the connection with other Network as well. Usually troubleshooting wizard helps (resets wifi adapter), sometimes reboot is needed, sometimes the issue goes away by itself after a couple of seconds.

During the network problem, the available networks (SSIDs) are listed normally, but no data is really sent to network.

jomppa, Jun 8, 2020
  3. felyyy Win User
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Hey guys,

first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2.

For some reason, after nearly 3 years of constant performance and no hardware problems at all, the WiFi card of my Area 51 keeps losing Internet Connection.

The strange part is, that the connection to my router is still intact, but the Internet access gets crossed out red. I also have a notebook, an iMac and an iPhone connected in the same network and every device works just fine.

To proof furthermore that my router works just fine, I tested LAN connection on the Area 51 and there are no connections drops at all.

Back to WiFi Connection: I searched in some forums and there are some people who seem to have the same problem like me. For example: Alienware Forum - Killer wifi keeps losing internet connection

What I already tried was:

• installed latest driver from KillerNetworking (v.1.6.2149) x64
    • installed latest driver from Intel 20.70.0.4 for AC 7260
    • deactivated and activated Wifi Card in device manager
    • deactivated IPv6 (altough it worked 3 years with IPv6 settings on)
    • Power Management -> disabled "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

To make it as understandable as possible, I'll try to list a scheme of the problem:

1. WiFi Connection is "stable"

2. Suddenly the current application stucks because the PC has no connection to the Internet. After 10 secs, the WiFi symbol gets crossed out. Windows displays that I'm still connected to the router, but there is no Internet connection. (every other device is still connected and has internet connection though)

3. For 1 sec, the crossed out WiFi symbol changes to a crossed out Ethernet connection Symbol (like I had a LAN cable connected, with connection to the router, but not Internet connection)

4. And 5 secs later, the WiFi symbol pops up again and the Internet connection is back again.

5. Repeat multiple times a day

I can confirm that the connection drops are not coming more frequently when the download/upload-traffic is high. The connection drops in an idle state on the desktop of Windows as well.

Do you have any ideas? Do you think it's a hardware defect?

Keep up the good work!

Best regards from Germany,

Felix

felyyy, Jun 8, 2020
  4. (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly

Wi Fi connection constantly dropping

I have an HP 17 X173 dx with Windows 10 already installed. My wifi connection drops constantly. It dropped twice while trying to get to this point of writing this post to the community. Seeing lots of posts about Wifi but most are older posts from 2016.
    Was hoping to get some fresher info on this issue and how to fix it.

danandcheryl, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

(2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly

1. (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly - Similar Threads - 2004 WiFi Connection

2. Wifi constantly dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi constantly dropping: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with the Intel Centrino Wireless N-2200 network adapter. When my computer wakes up, it cannot find any wireless networks, but I found out that resetting the network adapters fixes the issue- until the computer goes back to sleep. I recently...
  3. Wifi constantly dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi constantly dropping: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with the Intel Centrino Wireless N-2200 network adapter. When my computer wakes up, it cannot find any wireless networks, but I found out that resetting the network adapters fixes the issue- until the computer goes back to sleep. I recently...
  4. Wifi signal drops constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi signal drops constantly: I've been having a reoccuring issue lately where my wifi connection becomes unusable at completely random times. It appears as the wifi connection wigit changing to show I am at half signal strength instead of full. I'm on a desktop, with a highspeed internet connection. I'm...
  5. wifi connection constantly dropped

wifi connection constantly dropped: I have two machines, MSI GT80 SLI. They are configured identically hardware-wise. MSI GT80 One: disk 1: Has dual boot Windows 20H2; disk 2: the previous version of 1909. The 20H2 install has issues with the Killer 1535 wifi card. Constantly drops the connection. The 1909...
  6. Wifi constantly dropping out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi constantly dropping out: So I've had this issue now for several months and it's driving me absolutely insane but my internet just decides to drop out and the only way for me to get it going again is to disable and re enable my wifi adapter, reset my PC or router, it happens anywhere from every 5...
  7. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...
  10. Internet Connection constantly dropping?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internet Connection constantly dropping?: Hello All; After receiving the latest Windows 10 Update, my computer's internet connection has been cutting out constantly, at first it was only when I would be playing online games, but now it has become to when I am just generally browsing. I have a 802.11n USB...