Windows 10: 2009 disc won't run on Windows 10?

Discus and support 2009 disc won't run on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've searched everywhere and did find a couple of answers, but none of the fixes helped. I'm still having trouble getting a 2009 disc to start, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Beckame, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Beckame Win User

2009 disc won't run on Windows 10?

I've searched everywhere and did find a couple of answers, but none of the fixes helped. I'm still having trouble getting a 2009 disc to start, it just spins and stops over and over, but never actually starts up. I have it set to Auto-Play, but it didn't help. Before I bought this software, I had asked the person if it would run on Win10 and they said other people didn't have trouble running it, but I just can't get it to open. What else can I do? Or will no media from 2009 every run? I have an HP Paviallion All-in-One PC that is about 4 years old which came with Win7 I believe (or 8.1) which naturally upgraded to Win10. Thank you for any help with this.

:)

Beckame, Jan 8, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2019
  4. 2009 disc won't run on Windows 10?

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

2009 disc won't run on Windows 10?

1. 2009 disc won't run on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - 2009 disc won't

2. Windows 10 won't recognize disc in D dirve

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't recognize disc in D dirve: I want to burn photos to cd or dvd. Windows 10 recognizes my D drive but doesn't recognize any disc I use. I can burn DVD's from other sites like You Tube with no problem. It is just when I want to burn from my pictures file that it says "Windows can't read the disc in drive...
  3. Help needed with Windows 10 2009

Help needed with Windows 10 2009: HelloI originally had a Windows 7 but a few weeks ago I upgraded it to Windows 10. I brought it up again from the basement after previously it not waking up, about a few years ago at the time I wasn't so dedicated to fix it so it went back to the basement. I cleaned the...
  4. Help needed with Windows 10 2009

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help needed with Windows 10 2009: HelloI originally had a Windows 7 but a few weeks ago I upgraded it to Windows 10. I brought it up again from the basement after previously it not waking up, about a few years ago at the time I wasn't so dedicated to fix it so it went back to the basement. I cleaned the...
  5. windows 10 update 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 2009: i want to update my windows 10 ver 2004 into 2009 october update through windows 10 update assistant. since my mobile data is limited so i want to know the size of the update as how much data will it consume???...
  6. football manager 2009 disc version not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    football manager 2009 disc version not working on windows 10: okay when i bought football manager 2009 on disc after the installation and i had to download an official patch that removes that uniloc copy protection it wont let me activate it since the servers had shut down in 2011 then when i launched it, it worked flawlessly then right...
  7. Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10: So I have a lot of older disc games for my pc. Most of them downloaded but won't play on my Windows 10 os. I checked around and seems it's something MS added to 10 so we can't play them. This is some of what I found: DRM blocking was introduced with Win10, and Win10 is the...
  8. running a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running a disc: I am trying to download fromTurbo Tax. not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-a-disc/2b4c3741-8a74-4341-a25d-fc4af4f692d1"
  9. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.: On my old computer with Windows 7 I was able to run these discs and got an icon on my screen. I have a new system running Windows 10 and nothing happens when I load either of the discs. Also, on the old system, whenever I plugged my camera into the usb port, an icon for...
  10. Windows 10 won't run

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't run: Thanks for the reply. I've turned quick boot off and tried booting from where windows is located. None of this worked. Any more help would be appreciated! Hi Adam, Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. I doubt that it is a corrupt BIOS as you advised that you...