Windows 10: 200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive

Discus and support 200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Rundown: I updated my old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, hoping it would speed up, it did. Etc. I found my windows.old file, checked properties, saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSpoonfulOfSalt, Feb 4, 2021.

1. 200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive

Rundown:

I updated my old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, hoping it would speed up, it did. Etc. I found my windows.old file, checked properties, saw it was 222GB (yes. It belonged to my mom I have no idea why she has so much), so used Robocopy to move it to my flash drive.

It moved successfully, after many hours, I scanned the flash drive, it had 222GB on it, so I DELETED the original.

Now I opened the drive, followed a directory just to find an empty folder. Repeated on a different directory, same result. I then SCANNED an empty folder, and it had about a Gig of data on it, which it had prior to the move.

What I have tried:

I tried using attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\\.**

The result was command telling me "Access Denied: System Volume Information"

I have tried going into the view > options > view > and setting "Hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

All of this has failed. Any help? Note: I do NOT have the money to purchase any third parts software, however I do have the space just in case any of you amazing people have free software recommendations.

submitted by /u/TheSpoonfulOfSalt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSpoonfulOfSalt, Feb 4, 2021

2. Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to create a Recovery Drive and turns 64GB Flash into a 32GB Flash!

Hello,

Appreciate the detailed post. As per the description of the issue, this can be caused by hidden files. For us to check, follow the steps below:

• Search for File Explorer and press Enter.
    • Click on View.
    • Put a check mark on the Hidden items box.
    • See if there are additional files and folders that will appear.

If there are no hidden items, we suggest that you
    create a new user profile.
    Since the issue is the same on different flash drives, this can also be caused by a corrupted user profile. Try creating a recovery drive in the new user profile and let us know if it works.

Get back to us if anything else comes up.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive

1. 200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive - Similar Threads - 200GB Worth Files

2. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  3. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  4. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  5. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to view all files in hidden hard drive partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to view all files in hidden hard drive partitions?: So, I've been looking for the files in the SYSTEM and WinRE_DRV partitions of disk 0, but whenever I assign drive letters and i try to open the drive, it says, "access to SYSTEM has been denied." To gain permissions, use the security tab. However, there is no security tab in...
  7. Drive D: hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  8. All files on my 4TB hard drive appear to be hidden

All files on my 4TB hard drive appear to be hidden: Two days ago I noticed that my 4TB drive was no longer showing the bar in Computer that shows you how much of the drive has been used. It simply showed the drive name and that it was NTFS formatted. When I tried to access it, I got a "D:\ Access Denied" message. I checked...
  9. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  10. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    All hidden files turned Un-hidden: Yesterday, I inserted a flash drive on my PC and it was loaded with trojans. I managed to clear them with Kaspersky but after that I noticed that all the hidden files in my C drive have turned Un-hidden. (Including desktop.ini's) 21385