Windows 10: 2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows

Discus and support 2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help! After trying to open my deceased husbands Outlook pst data file and not having the password, I tried many times to change the password. At the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sheila 1952, Oct 11, 2018.

1. 2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows

Help! After trying to open my deceased husbands Outlook pst data file and not having the password, I tried many times to change the password. At the time, I could open the Outlook app, open the folders and file section and try to navigate/change the settings. But suddenly, I received the message:

Cannot the Outlook window

The folders cannot be opened

Server is not available

Contact the administrator

I am without Outlook at all now, will not open. What are my options now? Starting up a whole new Outlook account under my name with my own pst password? I've backed up my system (I think). Will that help to recover the original Outlook account? I am new at this.

Thank you.

:)

Sheila 1952, Oct 11, 2018

2. Getting Outlook 2010 to open on the Calender

So yea, is there a way of getting Outlook 2010 to open on the calender page and not the General page?

WhiteLotus, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Phil3 Win User
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Oct 13, 2018
  4. xbonez Win User

2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows

xbonez, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows

1. 2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows - Similar Threads - 2010 Outlook cannot

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010: I was reading an article today that stated there was a vulnerability that, even though IE was not your default browser, access could be gained by clicking on a file of a particular file type associate with IE. Since Microsoft has been encouraging people to not use IE I...
  6. Outlook 2010 will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  7. Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010: I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily. Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010,...
  8. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: I am still looking for a fix for this problem - since I downloaded Windows 10, I am unable to 'unsubscribe' or follow any internet addresses from my Outlook 10. I know there is a fix because I have had the problem before, but I can't remember it. 24489
  9. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659