Windows 10: 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

Discus and support 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; my 2010 version of Excel does not display comments. it only shows arrows but no boxes. I have to edit the comments by dragging box close to the cell... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by jessiejxcheng, Nov 5, 2018.

1. 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

my 2010 version of Excel does not display comments. it only shows arrows but no boxes. I have to edit the comments by dragging box close to the cell and resizing the box. Is any simply way to resolve this issue?

:)

jessiejxcheng, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Comments and tags not saved or disappears

Hello,

Could you please answer few question:

• Are you not able to see the Comments section in the file or the comment is missing for the MP3 file in the file section?
    If the Comment section is missing, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Right click on the categories where you see the file section and click on more and scroll down and check on Comments section and check if it helps.

And issues with Microsoft Word 2010, suggest you to post your query in on the below link and check if it helps.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Nov 5, 2018
  3. jacobnoah Win User
    Windows 10, Excel 2010, Multiple Displays, and Taskbar

Thank you, but this did not solve the issue.

Have you tried running Windows 10, Excel 2010, with 2 monitors, and having 2 Excel files open on the non-Main display? Are you able to get both Excel program buttons to appear only on the second Taskbar and not on the Main one?

jacobnoah, Nov 5, 2018
  4. B. Parker Win User

2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

WP Excel won't open Excel 2010 Spreadsheets

I use Office 2010 (32 bit) on my Win7 Pro computer.

I have been using my Windows Phone 7.5 to open/edit Excel 2010 files stored on Skydrive for some time.

Suddenly, WP will not open the same files which it could open just awhile ago.

I have used Excel 2010 to edit these spreadsheets since the last time I opened them with WPExcel and saved them in the same format as before.

WPExcel states:

"Can't Open. Excel doen't recognize the file format "<filename"".

Yet these files open without issue with Excel 2010.

Any suggestions?

Update - WPExcel will open cloud Excel files that have not been recently opened by Excel 2010. Those files operate properly. However, once I open the same files with Excel 2010 and save them - WPExcel can not open them. Problem with Excel 2010?

B. Parker, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows

1. 2010 version Excel comments not displaying in windows - Similar Threads - 2010 version Excel

2. Comments in excel have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comments in excel have disappeared: Hello I have Microsoft Office home and Student 2013. The comments in my excel worksheets have all disappeared and also my columns have changed. Can you help me get all my comments back?...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  5. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Excel 2010 throwing an error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excel 2010 throwing an error: Hi. I've got excel 2010 installed on my windows 10 PC, and it opens and runs fine. The issue is when trying to open a saved doc, I get an error "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with software publisher". I can open files if I open excel...
  7. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  8. Excel Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Starter 2010: After each automatic download from microsoft my Aspire Lap top locks up with a blank black screen after I log in with my pass code. I generally have to shut down and restart my computer in safe mode. Apparently the Task Manager does not start in the initial startup. The last...
  9. Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment: updated to windows version 1809. I use Excel 365. Went to update a spreadsheet created prior to getting update version 1809. Now when I try to insert a comment the option is not there. The option appears to be replaced with New Comment & creates a blue triangle in the top...
  10. Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow Hyperlink in Excel 2010: I am using W10 fully updated and Office 2010 64 bit and Chrome is my default browser (It makes no difference if I default to IE, Edge or Firefox) I have some code in my worksheet as follows: Dim filename Sub test() filename = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Settings\Bing Maps.html"...