Windows 10: 2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox

Discus and support 2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently using a combo modem/ router DOCSIS 3.0 2016 Netgear AC1900 WiFi Modem-Dual Band (C6300BD) supplied by Cox included (no monthly rental... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Apr 22, 2019.

1. 2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox

I am currently using a combo modem/ router DOCSIS 3.0 2016 Netgear AC1900 WiFi Modem-Dual Band (C6300BD) supplied by Cox included (no monthly rental charge) in a cable/ internet package. This summer I will be dissolving that contract and will have to give that combo modem back. I also have that I own a DOCSIS 3.0 2010 Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D cable modem. Minimum requirement to use Cox Internet is DOCSIS 3.0. I do not stream into the next room or for the moment do not use say Netfix though that could be in my future. I do occasionally use the current DOCSIS 3.0 2016 Netgear AC1900 WiFi Modem-Dual Band (C6300BD) to connect my phone with WiFI.

My question is how necessary is it to use a modem now a days that is both a cable modem and a router. Can I get by just with using the DOCSIS 3.0 2010 Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D cable modem or is that a bad idea.

If it's a bad idea I won't rent from Cox when I make the switch this summer but would buy my own.

If anyone has anything good or bad to say about the Cox approved modems that would be appreciated partiulalry regarding bang for the buck and I certainly do not need the latest and greates. TIA.

https://www.cox.com/residential/supp...le-modems.html

:)

phaedruspress, Apr 22, 2019
  2. KHL
    khl Win User

DOCSIS 3.1 problems?

A question about cable coax wiring and DOCSIS 3.1 modems. Is it possible for a building's wiring to prevent a DOCSIS 3.1 modem from connecting with an ISP, even with no problems with signal strength?

3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Previews 1 Gbps DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway Capability at The Cable Show

Intel Corporation today previewed its first DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway solution that is capable of 1 gigabit per second (Gbps). The Intel Puma 6 technology solution will help enable service providers to meet consumer demand and offer new services while extending their extensive network investments. A test program by South Korea’s SKbroadband is targeting production deployment of 1 Gbps in 2013.

As the number of Internet-connected devices in the home grows, service providers are challenged to provide higher broadband speeds to more customers utilizing an existing cable network. A service provider’s ability to scale up to this high level of bandwidth will help enable new high-bandwidth experiences for what the industry calls “TV Everywhere,” an immersive blend of Internet, television, gaming and applications across multiple screens throughout the home.

With the advanced technology of the DOCSIS 3.0 specification, multiple system operators (MSOs) can offer more users faster access to bandwidth-intensive experiences such as streaming video or online gaming using their existing network infrastructure and DOCSIS 3.0 equipment. Due to the flexibility of this technology, the Intel Puma 6 achieves the 1Gbps downstream speeds by bonding up to 24 DOCSIS channels (up from eight bonded channels in a typical deployment today). Intel Puma 6 has an upload speed that is double current-generation DOCSIS modems. With up to 240Mps upstream (eight bonded channels), more consumers will benefit from new services that include video conferencing, cloud storage and easy sharing.

“We continue to lead in DOCSIS technology, and are now providing cable gateway solutions with 1Gbps capability,” said Alan Crouch, general manager of Intel’s Service Provider Division. “Service providers can now deliver on consumer demands for higher broadband speeds, supporting a proliferation of new devices, services and experiences.”

The Intel Puma family system architecture provides OEMs with flexibility to easily customize their products to fit a wide range of MSO-required and optional features such as high data rates, wireless communications, power down modes and telephone support. Intel was the first to deploy DOCSIS 3.0 technology with Intel Puma 5, and over 20 million DOCSIS 3.0 systems have shipped.

“SKbroadband is proud to lead the world in piloting a 1 gigabit Internet experience,” said Dae Chul Noh, team leader of SKbroadband’s Network Division. “Our customers use these lightning-fast Internet speeds for high-definition TV, multi-player gaming, video conferencing and more.”

btarunr, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Darren Win User

2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox

1. 2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox - Similar Threads - 2010 Wireless Cable

2. I placed blocks for Certain websites through the Internet Option of my COX Gateway Modem,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I placed blocks for Certain websites through the Internet Option of my COX Gateway Modem,...: Hello,My mother has an Linksys E5400 Router bridged via ethernet to a Cox Gateway SETUP-1D70 Modem. I placed blocks for FB, Twitter, IG, WhatsApp, Google chat, etc using the administrator IP address for the router, 192.168.1.1, and Internet Options of the Modem using WIndows...
  3. Corsair 12VHPWR cable question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corsair 12VHPWR cable question: I planned to get a Corsair 12VHPWR cable rather than use the GPU vendor's 12VHPWR adapter due to messy cables. But then outside of the Steam Community, I was told that the cable is bad for the RTX 4080. Is that true? Cable in question source:...
  4. Keyboard for gateway GWTN 141-0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard for gateway GWTN 141-0: On my gateway GWTN 1410 the alpha keys M J,K L U I O are typing numeric characters 1 thru 9 instead of the alpha characters how do I get them corrected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-for-gateway-gwtn-141-0/3ef58eda-d150-4050-864b-a4ac7e69a969
  5. Need to cancel a cox cable account and backup email, but it's NOT stored locally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to cancel a cox cable account and backup email, but it's NOT stored locally: My elderly dad is locked down in a senior facility that I cannot enter to help with his computer directly. Before moving there, he had a Cox cable email account that we need to close, but I want to make sure old mail is accessible. He used Microsoft Mail on his Win10...
  6. 2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox

2010 : ) Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D DOCSIS 3.0 Question w/ Cox: I am currently using a combo modem/ router DOCSIS 3.0 2016 Netgear AC1900 WiFi Modem-Dual Band (C6300BD) supplied by Cox included (no monthly rental charge) in a cable/ internet package. This summer I will be dissolving that contract and will have to give that combo modem...
  7. Monitor Cable Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Cable Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 that i connect 2 monitors to. Both monitors are 1920x1200 resolution and 24'. I had to buy 2 cables... one is an hdmi to hdmi cable to connect to one of the monitors. The other cable i bought was a usb-c to displayport to the other monitor and it...
  8. Question about Cat5E cable

Question about Cat5E cable: Hi all I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box. The other one works on laptop only. What are the reason that the other cable doesn't work on PS3 and streaming box. 121079
  9. DOCSIS 3.1 problems?

DOCSIS 3.1 problems?: A question about cable coax wiring and DOCSIS 3.1 modems. Is it possible for a building's wiring to prevent a DOCSIS 3.1 modem from connecting with an ISP, even with no problems with signal strength? 93257
  10. 3 Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Questions: Here you go Nigel: *Smile Newly added tutorials - Windows 10 Forums