Windows 10: 2010 word

Discus and support 2010 word in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RAYMONDSATER, May 4, 2020.

1. 2010 word

I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I save the story as such, however when plugged into another computer all of the markup changes are not hidden any longer.

Is there a way to permanently hide the formatting marks on each thumb drive…no matter what computer that it is plugged into?

OR!!! do I need to place a help page into the chapter collections ?

OH!!! by the way how many years is the 365 term when I upgrade?

:)

RAYMONDSATER, May 4, 2020
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, May 4, 2020
  3. jgm1287 Win User
    Windows 10 and Word 2010 issue

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell Studio 1749 Laptop. I am currently running Office 2010. My issue is that when I download and try to open protected documents sent as email attachments, Word 2010 will not open them once they download. I have no problem opening documents that are not protect enabled. Any suggestions here? Most of my work documents come as protect enabled Word docs.

Thanks!

jgm1287, May 4, 2020
  4. JaimeMW Win User

2010 word

Word 2010 won't print now that I have installed Windows 10

Hello,

If you'd like to continue to try to resolve in Windows 10 and if you have confirmed that printing still works from another program (or another version of Word, like Word Online previous suggested in the thread), it seems less likely the issue is related
    to the printer or printer driver.

In this case, the next step to try can be Troubleshooting available in the Control Panel.

• In the Search/Cortana box in the task bar, type Troubleshooting

• Open Troubleshooting in the Control Panel

• Under Programs, select "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows"

• Select Next in the pop-up for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

• Select Word 2010 for the option to "select the program you're having problems with"

• Answer the subsequent questions that are specific to your experience
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, May 4, 2020
Thema:

2010 word

1. 2010 word - Similar Threads - 2010 word

2. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails: Windows 10 v22H2 Build 19045.3693Outlook 2010I was searching for something and had many hits for documents. I then realised no tasks where appearing and the information I wanted turned out to be in a task. The indexing option for Outlook is selected. Is Search designed to...
  3. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails: Windows 10 v22H2 Build 19045.3693Outlook 2010I was searching for something and had many hits for documents. I then realised no tasks where appearing and the information I wanted turned out to be in a task. The indexing option for Outlook is selected. Is Search designed to...
  4. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  6. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  7. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now: Hi, I'm on another laptop, using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Word/Excel 2010 are now BOTH appearing with a solid black background instead of white. I know how to change those. However, the file options in BOTH are now blacked out. Here's a sample screen cap from Word 2010's...
  9. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now: Hi, I'm on another laptop, using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. Word/Excel 2010 are now BOTH appearing with a solid black background instead of white. I know how to change those. However, the file options in BOTH are now blacked out. Here's a sample screen cap from Word 2010's...
  10. Word/Excel 2010 -- Black backgrounds & File options all blackened out now