Windows 10: 2011 DIY PC, Win10, new SSD reboots at Windows logo

Discus and support 2011 DIY PC, Win10, new SSD reboots at Windows logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC was running great on Win7 until last week then started a boot loop at Win7 startup logo. Safe mode worked great. Uninstalled most recent stuff. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CHuntMD, Jan 2, 2020.

1. CHuntMD Win User

2011 DIY PC, Win10, new SSD reboots at Windows logo

PC was running great on Win7 until last week then started a boot loop at Win7 startup logo. Safe mode worked great. Uninstalled most recent stuff. No change. Tried some other options but got to the point after reading a bunch of posts..got a new SSD and new RAM ([email protected]). Pulled out GPU (NVidia 650GTX) and old BU HDD. Using built-in video, no other cards. PSU is a 650w ANTEC. BIOS does see both sticks of RAM and SSD

Made a Windows 10 Media DVD/DL from ISO, swapped in new 1TB EVO SSD, swapped out RAM. Autoboot to DVD, select 64bit. Loading screen bar goes all the way across then the Win10 log with the little dots going in a circle. Never get to the point of creating a partition on new SSD.

Then it just shuts down, count 1.2.3 then it starts up and repeats. Also tried resetting BIOS, confirmed at latest A10 non-beta
    GA-Z68XP-UD3R (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

What else can cause Windows (both 7 and 10) restart at the boot logo?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in the BIOS the CPU is running at 89-90C! For a i5-2500k that seems really warm. I took off the cooler and got rid of the dust late last week. The 2011 thermal grease seemed dried up. Will clean up and redo.

Got the CPU down to 70C per BIOS

CEH in MD

:)

CHuntMD, Jan 2, 2020
  2. CHuntMD Win User

PC was running great on Win7 until last week then started a boot loop at Win7 startup logo. Safe mode worked great. Uninstalled most recent stuff. No change. Tried some other options but got to the point after reading a bunch of posts..got a new SSD and new RAM (L: [email protected]). Pulled out GPU (NVidia 650GTX) and old BU HDD. Using built-in video, no other cards. PSU is a 650w ANTEC. BIOS does see both sticks of RAM and SSD

Made a Windows 10 Media DVD/DL from ISO, swapped in new 1TB EVO SSD, swapped out RAM. Autoboot to DVD, select 64bit. Loading screen bar goes all the way across then the Win10 log with the little dots going in a circle. Never get to the point of creating a partition on new SSD.

Then it just shuts down, count 1.2.3 then it starts up and repeats. Also tried resetting BIOS, confirmed at latest A10 non-beta
    GA-Z68XP-UD3R (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

What else can cause Windows (both 7 and 10) restart at the boot logo?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in the BIOS the CPU is running at 89-90C! For a i5-2500k that seems really warm. I took off the cooler and got rid of the dust late last week. The 2011 thermal grease seemed dried up. Will clean up and redo.

Got the CPU down to 70C per BIOS

CEH in MD

CHuntMD, Jan 2, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 2, 2020
  4. CHuntMD Win User

Put in a new CR2032 battery, waited 30 min, load default bios.
    No change.

Waiting delivery of thermal grease, CPU temp is still to high. using stock Intel cooler, have a new one (without LEDs *Wink also on order.

CEH in MD

CHuntMD, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. 2011 DIY PC, Win10, new SSD reboots at Windows logo - Similar Threads - 2011 DIY Win10

2. Regular BSOD errors on new DIY desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD errors on new DIY desktop: I built my first desktop a couple of weeks ago, my friend sold me his old GPU and I spent a lot of time making sure all the other parts would be compatible. For the most part everything seems to be working well, but I'm getting multiple BSODs with various error codes whenever...
  3. transfer hard drive to new DIY pc build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer hard drive to new DIY pc build: I have an old Dell desktop ~8 years old with two much newer Western Digital hard drives that I would like to use in a new DIY build. Are there possible problems, either with the Microsoft Windows 10 license or with interfacing into a new motherboard?...
  4. new ssd not found in win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new ssd not found in win10: Hello everybody, I recently bought a 2,5" SATA 7mm SSD and tried to connect to my laptop. after several tries that was not possible as the SSD was not shown in "My computer" though it is seen in "My devices" in "Control panel" as a n "External Disk 3.0". What is the...
  5. New Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows Logo: My perfect Idea for the new Windows logo PS: Microsoft, plz update Windows 10 logo to this.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-logo/ca1c21bb-6760-4343-b140-e924a838eea2
  6. Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD

Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD: Hi All, I have query related to fresh SSD Installation. My current HDD is dead & I have new SATA SSD to be install on my Dell Inspiron. Can you please let me know how I can install SSD on laptop with fresh WIN 10 Pro / Home edition OS installation. Currently I have...
  7. Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD: Hi, I have installed an SSD drive in my PC and I was looking for install windows 10 on it but I find that I cannot run any other device as a boot device except mi older HDD. With the other devices only shows Windows Logo for 1-3 seconds an restarts again the PC. I have...
  8. New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup: I reinstalled Windows10 from scratch yesterday (this is the 5th time this year). It installed fine. But on a cold startup it will get stuck at the black screen with the Blue Windows logo and no spinner. This happens about 50% of the time. If I reset the computer sometimes I...
  9. DIY External (USB) SSD - pitfalls of power loss?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIY External (USB) SSD - pitfalls of power loss?: A while ago at Micro Center I noticed a bucket of these SSD's at a very cheap price and tossed one into my basket: https://www.amazon.com/Inland-Profes.../dp/B076XMH2JT Inland Professional 120GB SSD 3D TLC NAND - Micro Center Afterwards I read some reviews which indicated...
  10. need to load win10 on a new SSD

need to load win10 on a new SSD: I have a Product key but do not have a cd/dvd to load win10 on a REPLACEMENT drive. My HD is going out. how do I reload/transfer/load/move the OS to a new drive? I tried cloning it but it sticks with the c drive. DO I change the names of the drives. My PC came preloaded...