Windows 10: 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I've run into a bit of confusion. So I'm in the process of converting a ton of old computers at my worksite from Windows 7 Pro to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bsullivanSW, Oct 30, 2019.

1. 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Hello all,

I've run into a bit of confusion. So I'm in the process of converting a ton of old computers at my worksite from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've only done 3 computers so far, and during the first computer's installation I was prompted to put in a license key as expected. So I entered the license key that was purchased for the computer, and the installation went smoothly.

Now here is the part I'm confused about: When I was doing the installation on the second computer it did not prompt me for a license key. So, I figured that I would need to put in the key after the installation to activate the OS. This wasn't the case, as when I checked the activation status in the settings after the installation was complete it said the computer was activated with a digital license. The third computer I installed Windows 10 Pro on was even older (purchased 2014) than the second one (purchased 2015) and that one also shows that it is activated with a digital license.

The reason I'm confused is none of these computers originally had Windows 10 on them. They all came with Windows 7 Pro. Also, I know that the free upgrade to Windows 10 ended in 2016. I don't believe the previous IT tech had upgraded the computers before the free upgrade ended just to revert them back to Windows 7 either.

I don't want these computers to be existing in some grey area, or in a bad place altogether, with Microsoft. I'm able to get all of the license keys needed for these computers. With that said, I don't want to be wasting the company's money if for some reason these computers are legitimately licensed.

Sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted to cover as many things as I could. Ultimately, the question is why would these old computers be licensed for Windows 10 Pro when the first computer I did was not.

Thanks in advance!

:)

bsullivanSW, Oct 30, 2019

2. QuickBooks Pro 2014

Hello all!

I just had to purchase a new computer since mine literally died 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro :( and the new one has windows 10. I cannot get my quickbooks pro 2014 to download. Anyone have any suggestions?

KevinParris, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 30, 2019
  4. 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

1. 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - 2014 2015 Computers

2. SQL Server 2014 License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  3. SQL Server 2014 License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  4. Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer: I have windows 10 Pro on my laptop and on my PC, Is it bad enough to even Sign in to a Microsoft account due to Licenses Agreements? If so I am really sorry...
  5. Changing Windows 10 Home to Pro using retail licenses already owned

Changing Windows 10 Home to Pro using retail licenses already owned: I have a few Windows 10 retail licenses on my Microsoft account. I built a PC for my sister that I installed and licensed as Windows 10 Home retail. I have a spare Windows 10 Pro retail license on my account and I'd like to swap the Home license to the Pro one returning the...
  6. Apply Windows 10 Pro license to new computer

Apply Windows 10 Pro license to new computer: Hello, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license for a computer Dell Inspiron a few years ago. I have converted this computer to a Linux computer. I recently purchased a new computer Dell XPS, with Windows Home, and I want to transfer the Pro license to the XPS. In my Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 2014

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2014: I have been trying to update to built 2004, but keep getting this error message: 0x8000fff. When I check my version, it says Windows Home 2004, 9/20/2020 OS build 19041.1. The 3 updates show up when I check for updates, the .NET Framework and the Flash Player always end with...
  8. Using a Windows 10 Pro package license key on an already installed Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a Windows 10 Pro package license key on an already installed Windows: So, I'm about to purchase a windows 10 pro retail package (coming from an OEM if that matters) that comes with the license key and the USB, and was wondering if I can use the license key provided out of the box to activate my already installed windows in my SSD. I used the...
  9. Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled: I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer. Now while trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to use the option to tell it I have new hardware, and...
  10. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...