Windows 10: 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...

Discus and support 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought an HP Probook 450 G3 from Microcenter in 12/15. It came with Win 7 Pro preloaded, but also had 2 discs labeled "Operating System DVD Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesRobertson#6, Nov 20, 2018.

1. 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...

Bought an HP Probook 450 G3 from Microcenter in 12/15. It came with Win 7 Pro preloaded, but also had 2 discs labeled "Operating System DVD Windows 10 Pro" and "Application and Driver Recovery DVD...This disc contains software for Microsoft Windows 10". The instructions for Win 10 required me to go into the bios to enable UEFI Native Boot mode, which I was uncomfortable doing at that time. So I just went with the preloaded Win 7 Pro.

However, the IT guys at work just told me that Win 7 is going end of life in early 2020. I keep my laptops clean and they run a very long time, so in I want to keep using my laptop past EOL for Win 7. A friend of mine said not to upgrade to Win 10 using that old disc, but instead back up my data an do a clean install using the Media Creation Tool. He told me that I can use my Win 7 Pro product key to activate Win 10. Is that true? I don't want to have to buy a new license.

:)

JamesRobertson#6, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Yancyd66 Win User

Win 7 pro to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Long story. Several months ago upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.
    Everything fine until BSOD a few days ago. After many hrs of trying to fix with no luck I decided to do clean install of win 7 again and then using Media Creation Tool downloaded and created what I thought was a Win 10 Pro ISO disk.
    Used disk and loaded win 10 to pc. Things again fine except have the “Activate Window” message and that’s when I discovered the ISO was Win 10 Home.
    Why didn’t the Media Creation Tool create a Win 10 Pro ISO and how do I now get the Win 10 Pro ISO.

Yancyd66, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Win 7 Home > Win 7 Pro upgrade AFTER MS pre-loads my Win 10 stuff

I have a laptop running Win 7 Home Premium and late in July I invoked Get Win 10. Now, I have the notice that Win 10 is ready to install on the laptop.

However, meantime, my son has given me an un-opened new installation copy of

Win 7 Pro. I'd like to install this version of Win 7 on the laptop BEFORE upgrading to Win 10 so I will get the Pro version of Win 10.

If I upgrade to Win 7 now, after having received the notice that Win 10 is ready to install, will I get Win 10 Pro? If not, what do I need to do to be sure that I get Win 10 Pro after I have updated to Win 7 Pro?

Frank Abrams, Nov 20, 2018
  4. 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...

Win 7 Home > Win 7 Pro upgrade AFTER MS pre-loads my Win 10 stuff

I have a laptop running Win 7 Home Premium and late in July I invoked Get Win 10. Now, I have the notice that Win 10 is ready to install on the laptop.

However, meantime, my son has given me an un-opened new installation copy of

Win 7 Pro. I'd like to install this version of Win 7 on the laptop BEFORE upgrading to Win 10 so I will get the Pro version of Win 10.

If I upgrade to Win 7 now, after having received the notice that Win 10 is ready to install, will I get Win 10 Pro? If not, what do I need to do to be sure that I get Win 10 Pro after I have updated to Win 7 Pro?

Frank Abrams, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...

1. 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same... - Similar Threads - 2016 Laptop came

2. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  3. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  4. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  5. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  8. Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?

Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?: I am in-house support of a modest sized Windows network which will upgrade to the latest version Windows server. Workstations will upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I understand the free upgrade has ended and have no problem paying for upgrade licenses. We have...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...