Windows 10: [2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient

Discus and support [2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all, Recently made the switch to Outlook 2016 and i noticed that for received e-mails with a lot of addressed people in the "To:" list, that the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by NessPJ, Dec 13, 2019.

1. NessPJ Win User

[2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient

Hello all,

Recently made the switch to Outlook 2016 and i noticed that for received e-mails with a lot of addressed people in the "To:" list, that the list is shortened unless i click the expand arrow. This is very annoying to me, since i often find myself checking if the right people have received this mail as well. I found the Outlook 2013 message/reading window to be far nicer to use!
    Is there anyway to change the layout to a look that matches the 2013 Mail read window?

Outlook 2016 mail window showing my problem:
    https://tweakers.net/ext/f/dsByImPyt...90FMN/full.jpg
    Outlook 2013 mail window:
    https://tweakers.net/ext/f/a04KaNpjc...HjDLH/full.jpg

Windows version: 1909

:)

NessPJ, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 13, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

[2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. [2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient - Similar Threads - 2016 Outlook Mail

2. Windows 11 Mail accounts pane no longer is pinned, auto hides, very inconvenient.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mail accounts pane no longer is pinned, auto hides, very inconvenient.: I use mail to manage several accounts so its convenient to switch accounts using the vertical list on the left side. For some reason recently its changed so the 3 line button brings out the pane and it auto hides again, much less useful.Its behaving as if we don't have high...
  3. Windows 11 Mail accounts pane no longer is pinned, auto hides, very inconvenient.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail accounts pane no longer is pinned, auto hides, very inconvenient.: I use mail to manage several accounts so its convenient to switch accounts using the vertical list on the left side. For some reason recently its changed so the 3 line button brings out the pane and it auto hides again, much less useful.Its behaving as if we don't have high...
  4. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  5. Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error: I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour or something which needs fixing? [img] 160520
  6. Outlook Mail Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Mail Very Slow: A few weeks ago, I noticed my Outlook mail was VERY slow. When I bring up mail, the main screen comes up fairly soon. When I click on the Inbox, or any of the Folders, and then click on one the mail entries, I get a blank or partial screen for a long time. I have...
  7. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  8. Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues: I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts: L: myname@outlook.com - Microsoft account using Exchange Server plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account. All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise: How do you configure Outlook...
  9. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  10. New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016: I am running Outlook 2016 under Win 10. Under all previous versions of Outlook I have be enable to increase the time a new email alert stays on the screen by editing the registry like this. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\DesktopAlerts DWORD:...