Windows 10: 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options

Discus and support 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was hit with a windows 10 update on 08/11/2019. Prior to the update my computer and all settings were working in tip top shape. Upon the update with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wbryant_5659, Aug 17, 2019.

1. 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options

I was hit with a windows 10 update on 08/11/2019. Prior to the update my computer and all settings were working in tip top shape. Upon the update with shut down and reboot I had the following issues.

1. Screen saver is gone and backscreen is completely black

2. Icons are 3/4" in size, cannot adjust size

3. Sleep and hibernate mode is gone

4. Will not recognize dual monitor set up, won't even detect a second monitor.

5. All restore points are gone. Can not restore to earlier date. Only restore point I have is when the update hit.

6. I only have two resolution options 100% and 125%

7. Cannot uninstall the update. There is no option to uninstall

I have been using MS since the early 90's, so I am by no means computer illiterate. I have tried every suggestion in MS forum to correct the issues without any luck. Can someone please help correct this issue.

:)

wbryant_5659, Aug 17, 2019

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Aug 17, 2019
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 17, 2019
  4. 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options

Problem with dual monitors waking from sleep mode.

try this first. few things can cause this. but go to display settings, select monitor #1 and change resolution to 1280x720, go up and APPLY

select monitor #2 and set resolution to 1280x720 and Apply on it too, restart pc

log on and let it sleep and wait 5 minutes and wake and see what happens. you may have to go into safe mode to fix it.

seahawks65, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options

1. 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options - Similar Threads - 2019 Update sleep

2. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  3. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  4. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  5. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  6. Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Resolution Issue: I have dual monitors but my second monitor will not change resolutions; it only has one mode and that is 800 x 600. Any suggestions? I have a Windows 10. Thank you!...
  7. Dual Monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor resolution: I just bought 2 new monitors and hooked up to my laptop. I am having an issue with not being able to set them up for the same resolution. They have different recommended display resolutions and the one monitor doesn't have the option for the better option. What can i do to...
  8. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  9. Restore Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Monitor Resolution: I installed and opened the game SWTOR but when it opened it changed the resolution, bigger than my monitor supports, showing the message "Out of Range", normally Alt+Tab and closing the game fix the problem, but the alt+tab did not work, so i had to turn off the pc on the...
  10. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution: I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties...