Windows 10: 2020-02 Updates KB4524244 Locks Up My Computer and Fails Install

Discus and support 2020-02 Updates KB4524244 Locks Up My Computer and Fails Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received the Patch Tuesday releases today. KB4532693, KB4537759 and KB4538674 dropped in the first wave and all installed successfully. On a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xipit, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Xipit Win User

2020-02 Updates KB4524244 Locks Up My Computer and Fails Install

I received the Patch Tuesday releases today. KB4532693, KB4537759 and KB4538674 dropped in the first wave and all installed successfully. On a subsequent "Check for Updates" KB4524244 downloaded and installed but on the reboot, it rebooted the first time but froze hard on the second re-boot with Step 2 information and a frozen spinner on my screen, no keyboard or any access. After about 15 mins I finally forced the system down. On the reboot, my Secure Boot flagged me that the keys were corrupted. I was able to get those repaired and reboot into the system. I rebooted a couple more times but no updates attempted to install. On a third "Check for updates, the same KB4524244 update attempted to download but freezes the system at 94% on the download. Again freezes hard requiring a hard re-set. I tried flushing the Software Distribution cache but get the same results.

FYI: I am running Windows defender with VBS Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity on an HP EliteDesk 705 G4 MT with a AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics. I also have a similar set up running on an HP laptop Intel i5, but the update installed fine on it.

Help

:)

Xipit, Feb 11, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 11, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 11, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. 2020-02 Updates KB4524244 Locks Up My Computer and Fails Install - Similar Threads - 2020 Updates KB4524244

2. 2021-02 Cumulative Update repeatedly fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-02 Cumulative Update repeatedly fails to install: For several days, I've clicked Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Update and this is what I get: 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 Systems KB 5001028 Error 0x80073712. Some files are missing of have problems I ran: DISM.exe /Online...
  3. Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up

Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up: Windows 10 just did a major update on my older Toshiba laptop Nov 19 2020. First it locked up and after waiting for about an hour it started working again. Then it locked up last night after sitting idle. Today it won't work at all stone cold frozen, can't even power it off....
  4. Updates as of 11-12-2020 are failing and locking up my system

Updates as of 11-12-2020 are failing and locking up my system: Three times now my computer has seized control from me to install updates only to have them lock into some endless loop. Because I have to pause updates, there is no way for me to record what those updates are. One of the symptoms of the problem is that when I yank the...
  5. HP Envy desktop computer will not install update 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy desktop computer will not install update 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET...: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4537572 keeps failing to install and audio quit working as well as wireless internet will connect but no internet available. Is there going to be a fix for this problem....
  6. Windows Failing to Update 2020-02 Cumulative Update as well as Mincrosoft .NET Framework....

Windows Failing to Update 2020-02 Cumulative Update as well as Mincrosoft .NET Framework....: I've tried multiple things from various articles and videos. But nothing seems to be working. I was I could get some help, I've tried troubleshooter multiple times and it keeps giving me and Install Error - 0x800703f1, or just pends install until it fails.[ATTACH]...
  7. KB4524244 installed without any problem

KB4524244 installed without any problem: My PC is an HP All-in-one 22-C0000NL running Windows 10 v.1909. The update KB4524244 is installed and I have no problem at all. Shall I uninstall that update ? Thanks. Giovanni...
  8. KB4524244

KB4524244: I have the update but I have some funny things going on so I tried to uninstall it but I keep getting this message: An error has occurred. Not all updates were successfully uninstalled. What's next?...
  9. KB4524244,

KB4524244,: should I uninstall this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4524244/7867b878-cbb9-4ba5-ad9a-9f42cac10294
  10. upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020

upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020: I recently responded to a Microsoft message recommending a software update. I am operating a Dell 5537 with Windows 10. The update completed and automatically re-booted however, the re-start stalled prior to reaching the wallpaper or sign in screen. The screen is locked with...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4524244

2. uninstall kb4538674

3. kb4524244 file explorer freezing

4. manual install KB4524244