Windows 10: 2020 PC System failures

Discus and support 2020 PC System failures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since summer of 2020, my windows 10 PC has been suffering from numerous critical issues following Windows updates such as system freezes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheRealDiddles, Nov 20, 2020.

1. 2020 PC System failures

Hello,

Since summer of 2020, my windows 10 PC has been suffering from numerous critical issues following Windows updates such as system freezes, forcing manual reboots and Blue screen errors, with numerous given errors of its own ranging from: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and one about data structure at the top of my head throughout this year.

The issues mostly stopped happening around the end of summer. However, since the November update, my PC firstly began crashing on the launch of games such as Battlefront 2 and Crusader Kings 3 in the way of freezing, either during the loading of the game or in Battlefront's case, a specific amount of time into a matchAlmost a minute I think. This issue was resolved upon me updating the PC completely and updating the drivers. However, I am at a loss as to what to do, as my pc, at least every 24 hours, will either randomly freeze for no particular reason or will freeze on a daily discord session. For example, i will freeze during the discord call, forcibly reboot my PC , get back into discord, and then a minute in, it will freeze again, making me repeat the latter steps. This is usually all that happens, with no further freezes, although in some cases, the system might blue screen, but i have seen no pattern to this.

In short, my PC has been at least freezing twice , with the second happening right after the first, every day since i installed the latest windows updates, and i have tried numerous options to resolve these issues across the year, such as using command prompt, and other utility programs which could with windows. They usually report that errors have been detected and successfully resolved.

While a satisfactory permanent solution would be nice, i doubt there is one, but having an explanation as to why these occur would be of help as well. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Notable Information:

-Inactivated version of windowsI dont see the activate windows watermark right now, but i am sure it is usually there

-Custom built PC made in 2018 and unchanged since.

-Game and PC performance has been unaffected outside of the system collapses.

-As of this message, all windows updates and video card driver updates have been installed.

-If my pc randomly freezes earlier in the day, the later discord freezing never happens, as the pattern for some reason never bypasses 2 freezes per day.

:)

TheRealDiddles, Nov 20, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Nov 20, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

2020 PC System failures

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

2020 PC System failures

1. 2020 PC System failures - Similar Threads - 2020 System failures

2. System failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System failure: I deleted C:\WINDOWS\System32\Srt\SrtTrail.txt and after I deleted I shut off my computer and then this pops upi cant figure out how to fix it wondering if anyone can help me....
  3. System Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure: Hello Microsoft, I need a little help here,I mistakenly removed the d3d11.dll file from c://windows/system32/ and now my laptop shows the windows symbol when turned on and then a black screen is displayed, I am not able to do anything or see anything on my screen, what should...
  4. system failure

system failure: randomly get a unexpected kernel mode trap and my system restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/540ff978-0b94-4c40-b5a7-275b2b56c5a4
  5. System failure

System failure: How do I get to talk to Microsoft support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/ee38c61f-d64f-41a6-aadc-5e7b0bf781f1
  6. 2020 PC System Failures

2020 PC System Failures: Hello, Since summer of 2020, my windows 10 PC has been suffering from numerous critical issues following Windows updates such as system freezes, forcing manual reboots and Blue screen errors, with numerous given errors of its own ranging from: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  7. 2020 PC System failures

2020 PC System failures: Hello, Since summer of 2020, my windows 10 PC has been suffering from numerous critical issues following Windows updates such as system freezes, forcing manual reboots and Blue screen errors, with numerous given errors of its own ranging from: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  8. System Failure

System Failure: system.thread.exception.not.handled The laptop goes straight to Preparing Automatic Repair and hangs there - unable to access anything at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/75b627bd-65d6-49a1-b9af-b43e187631f3
  9. System failure

System failure: It is been a week, since my laptop facing trouble to even get opened. Every time the try opening it shows that your harddisk has not been installed, then suddenly gets switched off. Sometimes it shows to be "Repairing the disk errors. This might take an hour to complete"....
  10. System Failure

System Failure: Made Chrome as default browser. Shortly after Windows freezes on opening Chrome. NithNot is working thereafter. Mouse not working not are the laptop keys. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure/d5507221-163a-4fdf-82a5-834b022c9186